Not sure if I should wait??

proud_mommy
on 10/8/09 12:39 pm - Lynchburg, VA
Thanks.. I will call them as well, I think I am going to visit a few places.
proud_mommy
on 10/8/09 12:41 pm - Lynchburg, VA
Do you know if they are approved by Anthem BCBS?
Penny Denny
on 10/8/09 2:14 pm - Collinsville, VA
I had Anthem BC/BS with a weight loss rider at the time of my surgery. Dr Luctong is a member of the "circle of excellence". If you call the office, they should send you an info packet. Fill that out and send back to them. Then they schedule your initial appt. At this appt you have a group and individual time as well. Be prepared to be at this appt several hours. Dr Lucktong is very patient and does not get in a hurry. He is not pushy either. He has a great physicians asst, a woman named Jimmie. She is the best. At every visit, the nurse(Missy), Jimmie, and the nutritionist meets with you. They have support group meetings the first Monday of every month. They have always returned my phone calls on the same day.

Dr. Lucktong is removing my gallbladder next Monday. Again, I cannot say enough good things about them all. My experience has been a positive one. I'm sure most of us say the same thing.

Good luck to you, Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

proud_mommy
on 10/8/09 2:42 pm - Lynchburg, VA
Thank you for the info.. I am trying to locate a number for him, once I find it I will call ASAP. Roanoke isn't that far from Lynchburg so that would be great
Shanana
on 11/12/09 3:21 am - Altavista, VA
 Didnt see any new replies from you. I was looking theu the older posts. I am right up the road from you. What options did you explore?
Shannon
Jeff is an idiot and I wont ask him anything besides is Mary there today! She is the best and very concerned about the patients. 
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

caroline2622
on 10/8/09 8:50 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Shame that a rude call can leave you upset.   Go the as many seminars as you can.   I would definately mention the rude guy too.   We all need positive vibes early on.  It takes alot of courage to begin the process.  

Go to more than one seminar if you can.  Gives you options and I found more information after the 1st seminar I attended.    Its a big descision, more info the better informed you will be.

Good luck and do your research

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
proud_mommy
on 10/8/09 12:46 pm - Lynchburg, VA
Thanks for the support. I am really looking forward to the seminar.. wish I could have made it into the seminar
Penny Denny
on 10/12/09 10:09 pm - Collinsville, VA
Dr Lucktong's number is 540-342-6346.

Sorry it took so long to respond.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views