Not sure if I should wait??

proud_mommy
on 10/7/09 12:29 pm - Lynchburg, VA
I am scheduled for the November Seminar at UVA. I would really like to get the process started but am waiting on the seminar.  I have called a few times to ask questions and a very rude gentleman always answers and is very short and doesn't let me get my words out before he hangs up. I was just trying to figure out the date of the Nov seminar. I was wondering if I should search for a different place that is not to far from Lynchburg or is UVA worth the wait?? It would easier if the person that answers the phone was not so rude.. makes me wonder what everyone else is like???
elizabethbc
on 10/7/09 1:03 pm
Hi, and good for you for asking questions.  I think that I would go to the seminar, but at the same time look at all your options.  I live in Waynesboro, and elected to go to Dr. S. in Richmond at St. Mary's Hospital.  My PCP recommended them and I feel that my care was excellent.  I have developed a pretty serious complication over four years post-op, and need more surgery, which will also be at St. M.  

There are bariatric programs at several of the Richmond hospitals, and Martha Jefferson also has a program.  I don't know what is available south of Lynchburg, but I am sure some people on the NC board might be able to help.

Keep asking questions - and don't let the poor attitude of one individual affect your choice.  You are the director of your medical care, and you make the decisions.  Investigate, ask questions (outcomes measures are a good thing to ask about), and then pick the program and surgeon that meets your needs.

Peace in your journey,
elizabeth b-c
prissy25
on 10/7/09 10:22 pm - Barboursville, VA
Proud,

When you call find out if the guys name is Jeff? And then call the main hospital and tell them you cant to speak with Janet Dicks up there if you cant get any where there file a greivens on Jeff w/ the hospital he is rude the normal lady  that is there is Mary she must be out. Dr Schirmer is a good  surgeon. But Ive heard there are alot of changes gone on up there. I can tell you there is a support meeting there on the 13th @ 6:00 when you go in the main hospital go to the information desk and ask for the room for the meeting of the lighter for life there will be  people there you can get answered from that eve. if you dont mind the travel as well as there will be a speaker there. Best of luck, but I wouldnt let Jeff treat you like that. And dont wait if this is the place you want to be at. He's a jerk. You could also email Dr Scirmer if you email me  @ [email protected]  and  put in the subject ur from OH I have his email and u can personally email him and tell him how u are being treated.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

prissy25
on 10/7/09 10:26 pm - Barboursville, VA
Actually Im on the phone right now w/ MAry  @ UVA now and she says to call now. And will be there until 3:00 today.
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.

proud_mommy
on 10/8/09 12:16 pm - Lynchburg, VA
WOW!!  I am so happy I found this website :) Everyone is so helpful, I wish I would have seen the message earlier and could have called while she was there. He has been so rude every time I call, it just made me so upset I had changed my mind about UVA. I am going to call tomorrow morning before 3, hopefully I can catch her. I spoke with a female when I first called and she was great!!
prissy25
on 10/8/09 11:10 pm - Barboursville, VA
Yes Mary is a dear and will help in an way she can so try her today .

Ms Court
on 10/7/09 10:44 pm - Remington, VA
I say to check out all your options.  Yes go tot he seminar with UVA but look into other groups near you that might work too.  Attend all the seminars & see what you like best.  It will make a big difference in your journey.

Don't let the one person get you down and definitely complain to the program about the way you are being treated.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Tam
on 10/7/09 11:19 pm - Richmond, VA
I say check put all your options and remember this is a life long committment so take your time!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

proud_mommy
on 10/8/09 12:18 pm - Lynchburg, VA
I have been looking into this for almost 3 years.... just finally decided the time is right and I am ready to make the change and commit myself to a new healthy lifestyle.
Penny Denny
on 10/8/09 8:04 am - Collinsville, VA
Dr. Lucktong in Roanoke is wonderful. Maybe you can try their office.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views