Exercise

Brenda E.
on 10/7/09 1:38 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
How soon after surgery were you able to really exercise?  I have been walking most everyday since surgery and it is getting easier but I think I need to up my exercise.  I have signed up to work with a personal trainer with my surgeons office but that doesnt begin until the 1st part of November.  Any suggestions for videos or working out on my own?

Brenda

Ms Court
on 10/7/09 2:58 am, edited 10/7/09 2:58 am - Remington, VA
I started water aerobics about 5 weeks out of surgery after getting clearance from my surgeon.  You could change up your walking for a better workout.  Add hand weights, change you course to something with more hills, walk longer & increase your pace.  Look into some basic videos for yoga, belly dancing, etc.  Basic floor exercises would be good to, push ups, sit ups, leg lifts, etc.

But please make sure to check with your surgeon to see if you have any limitaions first.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Kitty Kat
on 10/7/09 10:31 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Brenda,

First and foremost, please check with your surgeon's office to be sure when they relase you for full on exercising. Walking is something that can & should be done every day after surgery at the least. Hopefully you'll be cleared for exercise with the trainer by the time its starting. All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

caroline2622
on 10/8/09 8:54 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Start out with something slowly.   Yoga tapes are a slow starter.   Water aerobics is fantastic.  Just be careful as the weather gets colder.  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views