4 weeks post op today

dlo2
on 10/6/09 8:01 am - Brandenburg, KY

I am four weeks post op today.  I have lost 21 lbs which I am a little disappointed in.  I stalled at week three.  Then lost three lbs.  But the good part is I have lost inches all over which I am very excited about.  I am slowly getting use to my new way of life.  Eating and drinking is getting easier every day.  My biggest problem right now is getting in enough protien.  Some days I just can't stand the thought of driking another protien drink.  Any suggestions would be appriciated. 

Thanks for all your help.  I don't know the history behind this board but it has been only helpful to me. 

Tam
on 10/6/09 8:24 am - Richmond, VA
It is perfectly normal to have those issues with protein.  I personally would mix mine then partially freeze them so I could eat it with a spoon.  There are also so many different flavors so that could help, too.  If you are cleared to have it, then I suggest adding fruit to the mix to change up the flavor/texture.  There are also a lot of sugar free syrups to help also.  Hope some of this is helpful!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Ms Court
on 10/6/09 10:36 pm - Remington, VA
Sounds like you are doing just fine.  A brief stall is normal and as you notices that is when the inches drop off.  Here is a protein recipe that might help you get it all in.

1 box sugar free jello chocolate fudge pudding (can substitute any sugar free pudding flavor) 2 ½ (or 3) C. fat free milk 4 scoops Unjury unflavored protein powder (or any brand/flavor) 4 Ziploc disposable round containers w/ lids (1 cup size)       Put pudding, milk and Unjury in blender. Mix well. Immediately pour even portions into the 4 containers. Cover. Freeze. Pull out of freezer. Let sit for about an hour and enjoy!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

dlo2
on 10/6/09 11:54 pm - Brandenburg, KY
Thanks that does sound good.  and a good change from drinking the shakes.  Do you purchase the Unjury on line or can I find it in stores?
Thanks

Ms Court
on 10/7/09 12:13 am - Remington, VA
Unjury is a local company in nova so you would need to go online.  If there is another brand you prefer you could try with that brand.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

lysb
on 10/7/09 6:56 am - Alexandria, VA
Congratulations!  4 weeks already...the stall IS normal, the above suggestions are great!  keep up the good work.  lys

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views