New to Richmond

Lisa B.
on 10/5/09 11:39 am - CO
Hello!

I'm new to Richmond and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself :) I was banded March 17th and am doing pretty well so far though I've definately had my ups and downs. I'm also looking for a new surgeon to take over my care...my surgeon back home has recommended Matt Brenigman (and I know I'm spelling that extremely wrong but I'm too lazy to go dig out the card right now), has anyone gone to him?

I hope to get to know some of you! 

Lisa

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 10/5/09 1:42 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Hi Lisa and welcome to our VA board. Hope you are settling into the area nicely.

I'm not familiar with the surgeon that was recommended but if I'm not mistaken, my surgeon's office, Commonwealth Surgeons) does see patients that are wanting to switch doctors. I am a patient of Dr Bautista and HIGHLY recommend him however there is another WLS dr in the same practice that I haven't worked it, but others on this board have. I am sure it wouldn't hurt to give the office a call. If you'd like more information about their office, feel free to message me and I will help however I can.

Sorry that I couldn't be of more help with the dr but I just wanted to welcome you to the board and introduce myself to you!

Hugs,
Theresa Marie
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

niterun
on 10/5/09 4:14 pm - VA
Lisa,
Welcome to the area.  I was banded on 3/9 by Dr. B.  I find him and his staff pleasant.  My experience was good with them.  I was banded on Mon. morning, went home on Tues. and went out that night and the next two nights.  My first fill was under x-ray and the next in his office.  No problems and no complaints.  Good luck.

Kitty Kat
on 10/5/09 8:22 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Lisa & welcome to the VA Board. I'm not familiar with the surgeon in which you are speaking of. However, I like Theresa, am a patient of Commonwealth Surgeons. Although my surgeon is no longer with the practice, I still see the nurse practitioners there & still have my labs runs etc. I encourage you to check them out if you are interested. Congrats on being banded & ask any questions or voice concerns you might want help on/with.

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

SWEET Tink
on 10/5/09 9:51 pm
Welcome Lisa to Richmond and to the Va Board.
I too am a patient of Commonwealth. And can also recommend Dr.Bautista as a very reputable surgeon for the band. 

The office is located in the St.Mary's office pavilion.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+p rofile+Eliseo+Bautista+pcr.html
This link will also provide to you his address .
Again , Welcome !

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

prissy25
on 10/5/09 11:41 pm - Barboursville, VA
Welcome Lisa we are glad to have you and are here to help in anyway we can.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Tam
on 10/5/09 11:42 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi Lisa!  Welcome to Richmond and the boards!  I highly recommend Commonwealth Surgeons.  If you ever want to get together...let me know.  I am a stay at home mom so my days and nights are fairly open!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

melanie M.
on 10/6/09 4:39 am - Hopewell, VA
LISA,
 Welcome to the VA Board and Richmond!! I am a patient of Dr. Brengman and I agree with your surgeon..He is great!! He is voted in top 10 surgeons in Richmond (if anyone wants to disagree do your research first before responding). He is with Dominion Surgical Group at St. Mary's with Dr. Schroder. I have seen him in many magazines and does alot of seminars for bariatric surgery. He didnt do my original surgery but very glad I found him to do my revision.
Lisa B.
on 10/6/09 10:23 pm, edited 10/6/09 10:23 pm - CO
I actually don't have a job yet!  

I'm hoping to be employed at MCV/VCU (i'm an RN) and that might determine where I end up going in terms of doctors, but I'm hoping to be able to go to whomever I want. The hospital that I was working at was really small (5 general surgeons total...2 of them ran the bariatric program which is stellar) and I was pretty tight with my surgeon and I'd really prefer to go to the people he wanted me to go to. But it's really going to have to wait until I'm gainfully employed hahaha.

Are there any support groups around the area that anyone is active in?? I've never actually been to a support group before, but hey! New city, new experiences!

Tam
on 10/6/09 11:36 pm - Richmond, VA
There is a wonderful support group at St. Mary's on Thursday nights.  They have a general meeting one week and a nutritional meeting one week.  I am not positive about the others but will ask another member to post as she is more familiar with them.  I have not been in a while and am thinking of popping back in to see everyone.  Support is a wonderful tool!  There is also a meeting at VCU/MCV but I do not know ANY of those details.  I'd be happy to meet you over there.  I am going tomorrow night out of town to a dinner/meeting if you would like to go.  I'll be leaving in the afternoon heading to NoVA and having dinner at 6:30 then coming home after.

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views