In Case of Emergency ....

SWEET Tink
on 10/4/09 3:48 pm
I wanted to share with pre-ops and newly post ops , how important it is to have protein bars and your protein drink stored somewhere in your car .
Here is what happened .
How many of you remember Tropical Storm Gaston ( 2004 )  ? This is the storm that came in over the Outer Banks and stalled over Richmond . This caused an immediate drop of 14 inches of rain at one time .

I happened to be at work that evening and on my way home in traffic .The rain was coming down in sheet s. Long story short , they shut down 95 N and south ... I was stuck on the 195 beltway .. a top a bridge .. not for 1 or two hours .. 14 hours ...
IT got worse.. my cell phone died .. and the car charger I had was broken .. so I had no way to contact my children or husband. I did try to get out in the rain , but no one would roll down their windows .
I knew I was needing something to put in my body around hour 4 .. I had a protein bar and one bottle of water . ... and I did find some M and M's my grand babies had spilled in the car .. LOL .
If I had been prepared . Now I am  prepared with protein in my trunk , protien bars , bottled water ...and I also keep 2 rounds of my vitamins in there . 

You never know when a disaster may strike and you will need to be ready.
http://va.water.usgs.gov/gaston_flood.htm

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 10/5/09 3:22 am - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
GREAT POST! It alway should be mentioned that this is an EXCELLENT idea as many WLS patients suffer from the effects of hypoglycemia after surgery so having items like that with you at all times is extremely important and a very wise idea!!!

It definitely made me think and now I'm going to make sure I keep an old lunch bag in the car with goodies! Thanks for sharing!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views