home from surgery

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 10/2/09 2:50 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
And boy is this the worst. Honestly the pain I am suffering from now is worse than when they cracked my chest open for my open heart surgery. I have no idea why. I know it didn't even hurt this bad when they did my RNY and he was in there, rerouting everything... but...

There was no scar tissue, adhesions, kinks or bowel obstructions. He is pretty sure that the reaon I am still having trouble eating is because my ulcer has just really irritated the belly and intestines. He did insert a feeding tube, and I got one feeding through it at the hospital and was able to give myself 1 feeding at home. My home nurse will be here in the morning, to double check with me about the proper way to feed through it and to clean it and around the tubing.

The plan is to get one feeding, (a container of boost) through the tube at each meal, until I am able to get my 60-80 grams of protein daily through food orally. If I am unable to get in at least the minimum of my fluid intake orally, 100 ounces daily, then I am to make up the difference with fluid in the tube.

Hopefully this will allow my new stomach to get some healing done and to be able to tolerate food & fluid like it's intended too. I am definitely hoping that with the HUGE protein increase that I am to be consuming, and the calorie intake increase, that I will definitely start losing again. I have about 30 lbs to go to get to MY goal and I really want to stop fighting with these same 5 lbs, going back and forth!

Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts, well wishes and prayers. I truly appreciate them and they have meant so much to me! They have definitely helped me get through all these struggles!!!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Tam
on 10/2/09 7:15 pm - Richmond, VA
TM...I am so glad you are home and doing OK.  I know about the pain but just remember...this too shall pass.  I am keeping you in my prayers!  Hope you feel up to doing something fun today...perhaps the pain will subside a bit for you to enjoy the day with Cam!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

lysb
on 10/3/09 3:08 am - Alexandria, VA
TM - so glad you are home safe, i've been praying for you girl!  lots of healing vibes coming your way, i hope you can get all that protein in, hugs to you, lys

caroline2622
on 10/3/09 3:13 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Theresa    so glad you are home and on the mend.     Good there is no scar tissue.  

Prayers for your quick recovery.   Take each day at a time and the pain will receed.

God Bless

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
dlo2
on 10/3/09 3:16 am - Brandenburg, KY
I hope you start to feel better soon.  You are in my thoughts and prayers
Debbie
Pat F.
on 10/3/09 8:41 am - Richmond, VA
Theresa glad you are home and doing pretty good the pain will go away. Take it one day at a time.

melanie M.
on 10/3/09 9:17 am - Hopewell, VA
TM-
Glad you are back home from hospital..Im happy they are helping you get your food intake and protein in.
Keep us posted on your progress and if you need me for anything let me know
MerMer
on 10/3/09 9:53 am
Hello Teresa,

Prayers for a speedy recovery is going up for you.

Tina22026
on 10/3/09 10:42 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
TM - so glad you are home and on the mend.  Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery and some relief from the pain!  Hang in there ... you are a strong woman!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Ms Court
on 10/3/09 10:52 pm - Remington, VA
Glad to hear you are home, wishes for  a speedy recovery.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views