Dizzy spells

rduck8
on 9/29/09 2:20 am
RNY on 03/17/09 with
I have been really dizzy at times lately, the other night I almost passed out at praise practice. I had a really bad time with my surgery after staying in the hospital for a month, my sugar level was way to high and that is how I felt in the hospital. I never had a problem with my blood or anything else before the surgery, so what does everyone feel maybe wrong with me. I get so light headed that my husband always watch my eyes to see if I get the weird look he calls it. I will lay down for about an hour and then I will start to feel better. Help! I do have an appointment next week and a call into Dr. Halmi office.
Ruby
SWEET Tink
on 9/29/09 3:49 am, edited 9/29/09 3:49 am
Ruby ,
It would be detrimental to have any medical opinions thrown out to you . You are doing the right thing by contacting Dr. Halmi . I am sure he will want you to come in and get evaluated. I would say this , if it get's to bad get to the ER immediately.

I pray that you get the answers you need from him to cease these dizzy spells.

Be blessed ,

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

lysb
on 9/29/09 4:11 am - Alexandria, VA
Ruby - i'm so sorry, are you getting in enough fluids?  all vitamins and protein too?  I'm worried about you, could be some kind of imbalance, BUT we all know I'm NOT a doctor.  I'll keep you close in prayer, i'm glad you are getting in, see if they have a cancellation and get in sooner if possible. Hugs, Lys

Ms Court
on 9/29/09 5:12 am - Remington, VA
Talking with your surgeon is the best choice.  Are you having any normal medical issues like allergies or a cold.  Fluid on your ears could do the same thing.  Or have you hit your head lately, not trying to be funny but I had some issues with vertigo after a slight concussion I didn't realize I had.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Christina R.
on 9/29/09 5:20 am - Reston, VA
Ruby-
Hi there...I had some issues with my sugar dropping too low after eating too many carbs (darn tortilla chips!), which made me light-headed among other symptoms. Please get in touch with your Dr. and be persistent....and honest. I didn't want to admit to eating the tortilla chips at first, but quickly realized that passing out in the car speeding down the beltway would be way worse than any embarrassment I felt.

Best,

Christina
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass - it is about learning how to dance in the rain." - Unknown
"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance." - Unknown

rduck8
on 9/29/09 6:06 am
RNY on 03/17/09 with
Thank you everyone for all of your insight, I have been eating too many carbs. I probably need more water also. I have been getting in all of my vitamins also I did have a slight cold. I will go and get blood work done. I ask that everyone please keep me in your prayers.
ruby
Penny Denny
on 9/29/09 7:33 am - Collinsville, VA
You said you had a cold...could be an infection. Every time I get sinus infections I get really dizzy. But it could be a number of things.

PS...also everytime I was pregnant, I got dizzy also!!!

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

MerMer
on 9/29/09 6:08 am
Hello Ruby,

Will be sending prayers up for you. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Mary

caroline2622
on 9/29/09 9:20 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Ruby   sorry you are not feeling well.   Glad you have a call into the Doctor.   We really cannot give you advise but to call into the doctor.      In the mean time try to increase your fluids and watch your carbs for now.  

If you get worse go to the ER.   

Take care and keep touch. 

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Kitty Kat
on 9/29/09 10:55 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Ruby! Hope you are feeling a little better today. Dizzy spells are not uncommon for us in this journey. First and foremost, contact your surgeon's office especially if the dizzy spells continue. Keep a journal writing down what you are eating & drinking. Journaling it all helps you see where you can improve & also list how you are feeling when the dizzy spells come. Low iron is one possibility as well as B12. You might ask about have your labs checked as well. Make sure you are trying your best to get in the things you really need. Sometimes we get jam packed & forget to eat/drink well.

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views