third week post op

dlo2
on 9/29/09 12:14 am - Brandenburg, KY
Good morning everyone,  Just wanted to update you on my progress.  I am finally getting into a routine with my liquids, vitamins, protien drinks and food.  It is all getting a little easier.  The first couple of weeks were hard.  More than once I questioned my sanity in what I had done to my self.  But I know I did the right thing and it will be worth it in the end.   I am still pretty sore inside and get tired easily, is this normal at three weeks?  Thanks for all your help.
Debbie

Penny Denny
on 9/29/09 12:20 am - Collinsville, VA
It get easier every day. Hang in there. In a couple of weeks you should be back to "normal". If allowed, try taking B12 sublinqual. It will really help with your energy levels.

Best wishes to you, Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

dlo2
on 9/29/09 12:26 am - Brandenburg, KY
Thanks Penny, I am taking the B-12 sublinqual.  Maybe my body just needs more time to heal.
Ann S.
on 9/29/09 1:53 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Debbie, I'm so happy to hear that you are adjusting well & recovering nicely.  It will get easier as time goes on.  Don't forget to share all those wow moments that sure to come your way!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

SWEET Tink
on 9/29/09 3:51 am
Yes Debbie as you will hear here .. it does get easier .
I felt for the first month as if a mack truck had hit me .
Hang in there ... and as Ann said .. please share those wow moments ! 

Hugs,

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

lysb
on 9/29/09 4:12 am - Alexandria, VA
Debbie - honestly it sounds normal to me, i'm so glad you are at the 3 week mark, things are definitely going to be getting better now!  YES, i questioned my sanity as well, but as you will find out so totally worth it!   lys

MerMer
on 9/29/09 4:41 am
Hello Debbie,

Yes, I questioned my sanity also and sometimes still do, but it is well worth it. I still have problems with my liquids sometimes and getting better with my vitamins. It will get better each day.

dlo2
on 9/29/09 6:34 am - Brandenburg, KY
Thanks everyone, this board really does make a diffrence.  It helps knowing others have had similar experiences. 
Kitty Kat
on 9/29/09 10:56 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Debbie! Sounds like you're doing well. Soreness will last for a bit longer. Each day you'll feel a little better. I think most question "what did I do?" Hope your journey continues smoothly!

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views