Didn't anybody miss me??

Ann S.
on 9/28/09 12:20 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Saw the doctor today after a very difficult few days.  He suspects B-12 deficiency & has ordered bloodwork.  I'll get the results next week.  In the meantime, I looked up B-12 deficiency & found a list of symptoms.  Of the 12 listed, I've had/have about 9 of them.  Some of you may remember an incident I had last year when I had to be taken by ambulance to the ER because we thought I was having a stroke.  Also, lingering headache & vision impairment...all that stuff could be attributed to the B-12 deficiency.  Talk about an ah-hah moment maybe gonna happen.  I guess I shouldn't jump the gun till I know for sure, but from what I read, it sure would make sense.  And fairly easy to treat.  We shall see.

Still not feeling well...my hands are in a lot of pain, so I don't wish to type too much...it hurts to do that right now.  I'm hoping to be better by this weekend...I'm supposed to be sitting in my period tent, wearing my period clothing, & rocking in my period rocker while crocheting or knitting with my period yarn at the Front Royal event.  Hoping to see some of you there.

Anyway, I may not be able to type that well right now, but I am at least reading, keeping up.  Will update next week when I know something more definate.

Theresa Marie, good luck this Thursday...I'll be thinking of you!!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 9/28/09 1:23 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
WOW! Sorry to hear that you've been so sick. I guess with all that has been going on in my world, I didn't realize that others were going through things. But honestly, that is ONE thing on my list of MANY things that I am working on now.

B-12 deficiency can be very dangerous and can lead to potientally life threatening problems. Thank god you got to your dr for bloodwork. I personally, with all my heart pills, hate to think of adding another so I get the shot once a month. Luckily, that is one thing that I haven't suffered from being borderline lately, with eating issues. If you are definitely low, maybe you could mention the monthly shot to him.

Thanks so much for the well wishes for my surgery. You take care of yourself though. I will be praying for a resolution soon and that you get to feeling better!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Ann S.
on 9/28/09 3:26 pm - Middletown, VA
TM, thank you so much for your get well wishes.  Gosh, mine is so minor compared to what you are & have been battling.  I am so proud of you...words cannot say what is in my heart where you are concerned.  And you know what else I think is so great about you?  Your ability to be so candid with us.  You tell us when you're scared, when you're nervous, when you're angry, when you're tender.  I like how you are such a strong advocate for yourself...you are a good role model in so many ways & I find myself inspired by your courage.  No matter what, you will always have me in your corner.  We hearties have to stick together, little one.  I wish I could be there with you on Thursday but I want you to know that I WILL be thinking of you all day & sending you only the very best positive energy.  I admire your courage, even when maybe you aren't feeling all that courageous.

I am happy to say that I am very blessed to have a wonderful PCP.  I have no doubt that he will probably do the shots if the bloodwork indicates that it's needed.  And as much as I HATE needles, if that's all it takes to get rid of all these problems, then I'll suck it up & take 'em.  In the meantime, I broke down & finally took a pain pill.  I do not like better living through chemistry, but sometimes it's necessary.  The pain's not completely gone, but at least it's eased up a bit.  Just means I'll be going through my daily routine in a fog for a week...lol.

Hugs!
Ann

Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Penny Denny
on 9/28/09 9:03 pm - Collinsville, VA
Of course we missed you. Hope you are feeling better soon. I LOVE my B12 sublinqual. Hope that is all it is, cause that should be an easy fix. Take care, Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Ann S.
on 9/29/09 1:23 am - Middletown, VA
Thanks Penny...it's nice to know I've been missed...lol.

Sublingual, eh?  I like the sound of that a whole lot better than shots.  I'll be sure to ask the doc when I see him next week.  How long before you noticed a difference in how you felt?

Hugs!
Ann

Penny Denny
on 9/29/09 7:37 am - Collinsville, VA
Maybe  a week or so, I can't really remember. I know for sure that if I miss a couple of days now, I can feel my energy draining. Sams club has 2500mg, which is pretty strong. My doc recommends 500 mg per day.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 9/29/09 2:15 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
You are very welcome for everything. I know you are always sending out well wishes... and remember, we get what we give!!! Your issues aren't minor compared to anyone if they are causing you from living your life the way YOU want to live it. Not really used to people being proud of me. I tend to think I just do what I'm supposed to but let you be the first to know that I am getting tired of doing that, lol!

I'm not sure if I call it candid or just being a big mouth. Recently, I found out, through the grapevine so to speak, that my bestest friend of 26 yrs tends to think I talk/type/blog too much info. That my life is an open book and ever since then, it has definitely made me reconsider things that I may want to talk about but I have always thought that things aren't talked about, discussed or at least mentioned, than nothing about that topic can ever be learned, dealt with or corrected. And I have NEVER been one to hide feelings, even if I wanted too, I doubt that I could. I think that really comes from being a natural redhead! lol!!! Thank you for the support. As much as my parents try, my dad is and always has been distant, just how he was raised. But I know he loves me and worries in his own way. My mom... I just think she is so worried and scared and it comes out in such the negative way. Honestly makes me feel like I'm not very supported. If I am up to it, I am sure I will try to log on here Thursday evening. I know I can't go there without my laptop!!

I am so glad that you have a great PCP who is very much active in finding out the source of your not feeling well. I never liked needles until the diabetes but once a month for the B12 isn't that bad. My sister in law, who's a nurse, gives it to me in the fat of my hip. And believe me, there's alot there! One time I don't mind the saggy skin!!! Please keep me posted on the blood work. I will stop babbling now and will keep you in my prayers!!!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

SWEET Tink
on 9/28/09 4:03 pm

I could tell today when we talked that you were in some really bad pain. Your joyful voice I look forward to was just not there today .
Ann , I am so sorry you hurt . Pain sucks .. we both know that . I am glad you are working towards getting to the bottom of it .

Where are you going to be this weekend ? Alan and I have NOTHING to do .. can you believe that .., I would love to come see you in your period costume .
Well I take my MRI results tomorrow to Dr, Azzam to see if they want to do surgery on my neck or not . I hope they decide something , the pain is sickening and I cannot take it any more .
I will call and check on you sometime tomorrow , I will keep you in my prayers.
I want you to feel better ....

Miss you .. you betcha I miss ya .
Love you my dear friend ,

Natalie

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

Ann S.
on 9/29/09 1:37 am - Middletown, VA
Thanks, Natalie.  I guess I didn't hide how I was feeling very well, did I? 

As for this weekend, we will be doing cavalry demos for the Autumn Conservation Festival at the CRC Smithsonian in Front Royal, Va,  Oct 3-4. There are links for the map and to purchase car passes (6 people  per car) $30 per day. http://nationalzoo.si.edu/ActivitiesAndEvents/Celebrations/A CF/default.cfm

The physical address is 1500 Remount Road Front Royal, VA 22630.  It would wonderful if you & Alan could make it!  We'll be doing at least 3 demos each on Sat & Sun.

Please keep us posted on your prognosis.  I want you out of pain too!

Ok, time to rest the hands.  Talk to you soon!!

Hugs!
Ann

Kitty Kat
on 9/28/09 8:56 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Ann,

Hope you get to feeling better very soon. I'm sure your docs will put a great plan in place for you & you'll be back to living life fully in no time! 

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views