Who has reached their goal?=discussion

Penny Denny
on 9/27/09 8:57 pm - Collinsville, VA
It does not look like I'm going to reach 140 and that's okay with me. I sorta like the size I am now, but 155 would be nice because then I would be normal. Originally my doc said I should lose 60-80 percent of my excess weight, and I have lost 90% so I feel that I am successful.

I'm just curious, who has reached their original goal. Do we expect too much in the beginning?

Pemmy

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Ms Court
on 9/27/09 10:28 pm - Remington, VA
My surgeon tried to set me at the 140 - 142 range, I blaked and we compromised on 155.  I made it to 150 - 152 steadily, of course now have gained.  I had it set in my head that my body would go where it wanted.  I never really set an expectation in my head.  Of course now that I tasted 155 I want it back thuse the back on track deal.  :)

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

SWEET Tink
on 9/27/09 10:59 pm
Penny ,
You have done amazing .. and you look amazing too . And it appears that you did exceed your surgeons goal .
I do know you can still loose weight at no matter what stage you are in . Does it get harder , yes.. but it can be done . What I tell those that I mentor is to just get back to basics. To remember the days of newly post op .. Keep the protein coming in , water and increase the exercise . But if you are happy ...and healthy .. that is all that matters.

I do think we go into this expecting to reach that certain size ... when in reality our bodies are going to land where it is comfortable and healthy . The extra pounds that come off are normally due to extra calorie monitoring and extended exercise .
I know for me my surgeons goal was 150 pounds. I am 5.8 . When I went back for my 7 month check up , I was down to 140 ... then by my year out I was at 130 . He then told me to put the breaks on and start decreasing my exercise and add more calories .
Here I am now at 5.6 years out and 125 pounds. I have been down as low as 119. This is due to my Addisons and I have no control over it . My meds are accountable for this . I work daily on keeping my calories up and closely monitor my cardio activity . I cannot afford to lose much more .

I know there are a lot of us that forgo the scale and rely on how our clothes fit and how we look in them . And not to mention our disappearance of our co-morbities . This to me was the most important issue in my weight loss .

So congratulations on a very successful journey . You have done great ! 

Hugs,

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

cleo66
on 9/28/09 1:23 am - VA
Yes, I did reach goal and am maintaining within 3 pounds.  Once I go up 3 pounds, I start journaling again and being much more restrictive with those snacks.

There's no such thing as EASY!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views