The wait continues.....

Toobcherished
on 9/24/09 3:45 am - Henrico, VA
Just a quick update on my process in this weight loss journey.  Yesterday I attended a pre op class which was very imformative.  Other then that I am still just waiting on a surgery date.  I have been waiting for month now for that date and I am a bit frustrated because all the other patients in the preop class had a date already.  I just have a feeling I will be waiting another month or so for a freaking date.  I really want this doc and I hear only good things, so I just will deal with the crap that goes along with it.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
wjoegreen
on 9/24/09 4:06 am - Colonial Heights, VA
If you are talking about Hutcher,...he is worth the wait.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Toobcherished
on 9/24/09 5:08 am - Henrico, VA

Hi there Joe!

No I have Dr. Schroeder and nearly everyone in the class had Hutcher lol.  But I prefer how Schroeder does his proceedure as well as some other after surgery stuff.  :-)
~~Theresa Marie~~
on 9/24/09 5:10 am - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Sorry you feel you are waiting to long. I'm not sure which practice you use and I won't comment on dr's that I don't know, regardless of what I hear but if you are speaking of Commonwealth Surgeons, which is who I went through, it is a great practice with exceptional staff, (for the most part). I know that I was in there last Tuesday for a complication arising from my RNY,(intestinal kink and possible blockage and getting a feeding tube inserted) and when I spoke with the surgical coordinator after my appt, they were able to get it scheduled 14 days later. Maybe they are just super busy with more patients than normal. Try giving the surgical coordinator (or who ever handles their surgery appts) and talk with them explaining your frustation.

I truly hope you get a date soon. The waiting can often be the most difficult part of the process!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Ms Court
on 9/24/09 10:03 pm - Remington, VA
It is worth the wait, hang in there.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Kitty Kat
on 9/24/09 10:22 pm - Richmond, VA
Its worth the wait. Make yourself quite friendly. Give a call & say ya know I'm attending classes & following the steps I need to take so how about I get my date??? It feels like it takes forever. Then when you get your date it'll be here before you know it!

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

elizabethbc
on 9/25/09 1:10 pm
Hang in there, girl.  I will be worth the wait.  Dr. S. is my surgeon, too.

It is so hard to be patient, and sometimes with his office it helps to call and check in and let them know you'd love to find out as soon as they hear anything.

I am facing a revision surgery, also done by Dr. S.   Maybe we'll be roommates!

Peace,
elizabeth
melanie M.
on 9/26/09 12:31 am - Hopewell, VA
HI elizabeth  I am having a revision thru the same office with dr. brengman.  Have you had problems with them giving you a date or insurance issues from them? Just curious as Tanya and I have and it is frustrating
melanie M.
on 9/26/09 12:35 am - Hopewell, VA
Hey chick!!  I was just at the office yesterday(again) i cant seem to stay away..lol  having issues again physically..uugghh...  I turned in ALL my paperwork for Joyce to submit to insurance  I couldnt stay and watch her do it as I had to be at appt for EDG  in 30 mins at another location.

Im gonna call Joyce Monday and make sure she did her job  oh and going to call insurance afterwards to see if she lied to me or not
Toobcherished
on 9/26/09 7:04 am - Henrico, VA
Melanie let me know what happens with that ok?  I am going to call on Monday to check on getting my date.  Joyce told me that the surgery would be within 3 weeks of the class.  When I was in the class the nurse told me that Schroeder doesnt usually call with a date until 3 to 4 weeks after the class.   We may end up having surgery very close to each other anyway.  I personally like the fact that Schroeder and Brengeman do not do epidurals during surgery, the other docs do!  I hated them when I had my kids.  That alone makes me happy and know I picked the right docs for me lol.

Keep me posted!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views