Have question to ask?

tommygirl
on 9/18/09 8:54 am
I am now 19 months have all the weight i want to lose off and now I am puzzled. I went to the drs. for my normal blood work, all vitamins levels and sugar levels are all normal only thing is that my thryroid is messsed up again. it went back to normal when i lost the weight now it shows that it is acting up. So now I am back on synthroid again. Does any one have this problem?  I thought for sure that it would be normal but something is wrong somewhere. I am watching my food intake no weight gain, I get my execsie in each day some more than other days, I am just dumb founded about this. I had diabetis before also but it hasn't  returned, I am thank ful for that. I guess I should be thankful for what I've accomplished that last 18 months and just go on, but I am a bit upset over this. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks, Tomygirl
dlo2
on 9/18/09 11:30 am - Brandenburg, KY
I just had surgery, I have hypothroidism, but was told once I started medication I would be on it for life.  I don't know if weight loss effects your throid or not.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Ms Court
on 9/18/09 11:49 pm - Remington, VA

Sorry but I don't have any experience with this so I can't answer your questions!  I wanted to tell you to hang in there, follow up with your dr.'s and stay on top of it.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

vagirl00
on 9/18/09 11:51 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
I wish I had some information that I could share to enlighten you, but I am sorry, I don't.  Have you tried posting on the Main or Gastric board?  There might be some people on those boards who have some info for you.  Good luck! 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ann S.
on 9/19/09 9:58 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
I just curious...have you posed this question to your PCP?  If so, what did he have to say about it?

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

prissy25
on 9/21/09 10:52 am - Barboursville, VA
Tomygirl I was told way back even though I loose I may never get off the synthroid Ive lost 206 at this point and still on it off the other things diabetic meds and all but thyroid so far still on Im due to be rechecked in Jan. So Im not sure if its our body's or heredity. Hang in there.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views