frustrated need some reassurance

dlo2
on 9/18/09 7:39 am - Brandenburg, KY
I am not yet two weeks post op and I am getting frustrated trying to get everything in.  Between fluids, vitamins, and protien and now three meals I feel like that is all I am doing.  I am already getting tired of the protien drinks and I know I have to do that for life.  Is what I am feeling normal.  I am ready to give up but I can't do that either.  Thanks for listening
caroline2622
on 9/18/09 9:40 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

Understand where you are coming from.   Just remember that your body is going thru alot.    Lots of changes.  Take it one day at a time.  

Mushies should be now or around the corner.  Try to get in as much variety of ground meat, veggies and fruit per the samples the nutritionist gave you.  

Surprisedly I have gone from hating protien drinks to actually accepting them as part of my day.   Your taste buds are going to get better. 

Most importantly think about following the game plan and the weight is going to melt away. 

Sip Sip Sip. 

Take care and you can do this !!

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
MerMer
on 9/18/09 11:13 am, edited 9/18/09 11:18 am
I understand what you are going through. I am 3 months out today and I still can not eat alot of solids. But I'm here to tell you that things will get better by the day. Just keep doing alittle at a time and sip sip sip and walk walk walk.

The protein shakes does take some getting use to. I use muscle light and slim fast. Check with your nutritionist to see if he/she has any other suggestions.

Welcome to the losers bench.

dlo2
on 9/18/09 11:26 am - Brandenburg, KY
Thanks for the responses.  I just started mushies and still a little scared about eating.  But I realize this is all new a will take time.  Today has jsut been an emotional day.
cpatters
on 9/18/09 1:23 pm - Rockingham County, VA
You are so very early out..... I could not drink a whole protein drink in a whole day by 2 weeks post op! Do not be alarmed.  It is very hard to get in all of what the doctor tells you to the first few months.... Just try to do the very best that you can.  Do not allow yourself to become dehydrated, so drink plenty of water. Get in as much protein as you can..... you can do this. and yes, it is very normal to feel overwhelmed by everything.
:-) 
Cath

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 6:33

Seek ye first the kingdom of God

Ms Court
on 9/18/09 11:47 pm - Remington, VA
It is a lot harder to do in the beginning, you will get there!!  It is normal.  Hang in there.  If you are starting to not like your protein then change it up, find a different kind to try, add some cool stuff to it to make it better.  Same with your fluids, try crystal light, lemon or lime in your water, decaf teas, etc.  It will all become normal and routine just keep pushing through it.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

vagirl00
on 9/18/09 11:49 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
As Courtney said, very normal.  Do the best you can to get it all in...it's an adjustment, but one you will get used to over time.  Hang in there!
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

dlo2
on 9/19/09 5:05 am - Brandenburg, KY
Thanks for the responses.  today is a little better.  I just have my family trying to help by pushing fluids and protient drinks.  They mean well but I am doing the best that I can do.  I don't want to get dehydrated and end up back in the hospital.  I also think it will all seem better once I actually feel better.  Everything seems worse when you don't feel your best.  Thanks again for your help
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views