Blogging

DanC73
on 9/15/09 11:02 pm - Fairfax, VA
Has anyone ever blogged before?  I'm curious because I was thinking about blogging my weight loss experience (the good, bad, and the ugly - lol).

I've never done a blog before, so I would appreciate any advice or tips. 

Thanks!

Kitty Kat
on 9/15/09 11:07 pm - Richmond, VA
Its a WONDERFUL idea to blog about your experiences. Being a writer I write and journal sometimes everyday. You can get as detailed as you want and its a benefit for others as well as yourself so see you progress. The good, bad & ugly! 

Date each entry, use details that mean something to you & be consistent for the best results. For example, I have a journaling style I adore. I have questions I answer each day (time, date, day, weather, mood, feelings, what made me smile, what made me sad, things I ate, drank, places I went, exercise, little things, big things etc.) Then I use how much ever space to talk about the goings on in my days. Its very helpful with health issues and plotting trends in your weight gain/loss and overall life. The questions I answer help me see where I can improve and what changes I can make in my daily routines.

Give it a try! All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

DanC73
on 9/15/09 11:11 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks for the tips!  All excellent ideas.  Can you recommend a good blogging site?
Kitty Kat
on 9/15/09 11:23 pm - Richmond, VA
You can use blogger.com/start or you can blog here on OH.

For blogging here you can click on My OH and click on Blog. You can choose your settings giving your blog a name, a description & privacy protection as well. Then click on Write and there you are title your blog and date it and write as you wish. As for blogger I use it for my addiction blog. It allows you to be a little more creative. It gives direction and examples.

All best! 

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Ann S.
on 9/15/09 11:38 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Good morning Dan!  Blogging, as Katt said, IS  a good idea.  And Katt, I like how you do yours...I may try it that way.

As for where to do it, OH has a blog area right here.  Simply look up above & click on My OH, on the new page look to your left & you will see "Blog".  You can adjust the settings & decide whether to share it with others or keep it private.

I also discovered by accident that OH has a place to track your eating.  Put in what foods you're consuming, what portion, & it will track your calories, protein, fats, carbs.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Christina R.
on 9/16/09 1:43 am - Reston, VA
Hi there!
I blogged about my WLS experience here on OH and now have a blog at blogspot.com to write about my baking/cooking passion.

It's great stuff...the key is to try to be consistent with your posts.
Good Luck!

Christina
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass - it is about learning how to dance in the rain." - Unknown
"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance." - Unknown

DanC73
on 9/16/09 3:03 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone.  I appreciate it! 

I have decided to do the blog on OH.  Hopefully it will be worth looking at - lol
DanC73
on 9/16/09 5:11 am - Fairfax, VA
I have posted my first blog if anyone is interested.
cpatters
on 9/16/09 7:35 am - Rockingham County, VA
Dan,
Where is it and how do we read it?
cath

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 6:33

Seek ye first the kingdom of God

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views