What is your favorite HOT drink?

Penny Denny
on 9/15/09 9:15 pm - Collinsville, VA
I have recently started drinking coffee...thanks to my 16 year old son. I am addicted and have to start my day with it. I was looking for some healthy, but great tasting options that you guys use for your coffee or other hot drinks.

I bought something new at Krogers. It is splenda "flavors for coffee". They have mocha, caramel, hazelnut, french vanilla, and cinnamon spice. I bought mocha and like it pretty good. 30 packs for $3.99. I can't wait to try other flavors.

Also, is there any protein that you can mix with coffee?

Thanks to all, Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Ms Court
on 9/15/09 10:18 pm - Remington, VA
I too love my coffee!!!  I do try to limit myself to 2 cups of caffiene and if I still crave more I switch to decaf since the caffiene isn't good for us.  I love the sugar free creamers, coffemate makes them and I have now noticed the grocery store brands are making them also.  In the fall I splurge with pumpkin spice.  You can add some sugar free coco to your coffe for a nice taste, other sugar free flavorings/syrups also.  there are some who add the proteins (non flavored, chocolate, vanilla), I have never tried it but I do remember seeing that it is a certain way to do it so as not to breakdown the protein.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Penny Denny
on 9/15/09 10:23 pm - Collinsville, VA
Sugar free cocoa sounds good. I think I'll try that this morning.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

DanC73
on 9/15/09 11:13 pm - Fairfax, VA
Kitty Kat
on 9/15/09 10:26 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Penny,

I drink 2 cuppas every am w/ Vanilla Fat Free/Sugar Free creamer (International) & like Courtney I change it up during the Fall/Winter months to Pumpkin Spice. I also drink Ginger Peach Tea (plain) hot. Its YUMMY! You can get it from Republic of Tea and/or most Panera Bread stop ins. 

As for the added protein I do know you can add whey protein. I have personally tried powder everything and none of them is to my liking. Its a consistency situation for me. Hopefully you can find what will work for you.

Hugs...........

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Penny Denny
on 9/15/09 10:36 pm - Collinsville, VA
I don't care for powder protein either. But was hoping in the coffee it would "dissolve" a little better. I may try that also. I thought I read somewhere that you're not suppose to mix it with something hot, but I'm not sure.. I may try that tea next time I get  to a Panera. The closest is about an hour away.

Thanks

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Kitty Kat
on 9/15/09 11:03 pm - Richmond, VA
Right a lot of them are not a good idea in coffee because it breaks down the make up of the protein. However, I'm hearing quite a bit about Javanu. Personally I've never tried it and take issue with 10 grams of carbs in ONE scoop. You can check out the Javanu.com site for more info. Otherwise, I hear ON in different flavors can work well as long as its not piping hot cuppas. Again, if its not piping hot for me its not a cuppa. Just a personal preference. :) 
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

DanC73
on 9/15/09 11:14 pm - Fairfax, VA
Sugar free cocoa definitely sounds like a GREAT idea this morning!  Mmmm!!!
Blair Maury
on 9/17/09 6:04 am - Portsmouth, VA

Wawa coffee.

Done and done.

I had weight loss surgery. I did it the easy way.
Lynn415
on 9/19/09 7:12 am - Chantilly, VA
I mix 1/4 cup milk with a scoop of Click Espresso protein powder and a scoop of unflavored protein powder, 1 tbsp sugar free caramel and 1 tpsp sugar free hershey syrup.  I stir it until smoothe.  then, when I get to work, I pour 1/2 mug of coffee and let it cool a bit, then mix in some of my milk/protein mixture and sip on it all morning.  Gets me a little caffeine to get me going (I have to be at work at 7 am... ugh), and 38 g. of protein... and it tastes like a Starbucks drink!!  Yum.
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views