RANTING

Brenda E.
on 9/15/09 4:18 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with

When I had my surgery they also had an IVC filter put in to protect me against blood clots in my lungs.  I was scheduled to have it taken out a couple of weeks ago, actually was on the procedure table for over an hour before they said I had to reschedule.  Rescheduled for last week but had to cancel because I came down with a cold and they wouldnt do it.  So now that I am feeling better I just called to reschedule again and they are telling me I have to have a prescription for it.  WHY???  I didnt have to have one when I was there a couple of weeks ago so why do I have to have one now.  And getting through to the surgical coordinator to get  prescription is like pulling teeth!!!  Why do these things have to be so darn difficult???  I dont understand!!

Brenda

MerMer
on 9/15/09 4:33 am
Wow Brenda,

A prescription to have it removed? Is the surgical coordinator with your Primary Care Doctor or your surgeon?

I know I plan to stay on my PCP to keep my referrals current to see my surgeon. So far she has been good about it. The referrals are good for 3 months. When I see my surgeon on the 22nd, I am going to ask how often I need to see him and than I am going to ask if I can have my referrals extended for longer, if I have to see him regularly.

I hope that you get in touch with her soon.

Tina22026
on 9/15/09 5:38 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Hang in there Brenda!   It will all work out despite the frustrations!!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Ann S.
on 9/15/09 7:18 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
After reading yours, Melanie's, & Tanya's woes, I'm sooooo glad I have Dr. Mo & his team.  Ya'll should NOT be treated the way you have been. It's just not right!  So rant on!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Brenda E.
on 9/15/09 7:33 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with

I love Dr. Halmi and have no problem with him but trying to get the surgical coordinator on the phone is tough.  Thankfully I have her email and got an answer pretty quickly.  She faxed over a prescription to have this procedure done. 

The real problem I have is with the hospital right now because they are the ones that I am dealing with on all this.  The little girl that told me I needed a prescription called back an hour later telling me that I need to have bloodwork done before also.  I was under the impression that the results were good for 90 days and it hasnt even been 2 months since I had them done before.   Gonna call tomorrow and see if I have to have this thing removed at all.  I know they leave it in if it has caught a clot or has adhered to the walls of the vein. 

lysb
on 9/15/09 8:14 am - Alexandria, VA
i'm just going to go with my gut, this SUCKS! sorry for the language folks.  Brenda, love ya, sending you a cyber hug and prayers. lys

Toobcherished
on 9/15/09 10:06 am - Henrico, VA
Sorry you are having such trouble Brenda.  Hopefully things will go alot smoother for us ALL soon!

Tanya
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views