liquid diet

dlo2
on 9/13/09 10:18 pm - Brandenburg, KY
Good morning everyone.  I am almost one week post op.  I have been working on getting in my fluids.  I get in about half of the required 64.  I am continuing to work on getting in more.  My problem is no matter how slow  or small I sip I still seem to start belching.  I am still sipping to much or to fast.  If I sip any slower I wont be getting anything in.  Could it be because I am only a week out.  Any sugesstions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Debbie

Kitty Kat
on 9/13/09 10:35 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Debbie,

First and foremost, consult your surgeons office for their plan as far as how they want you to handle this. Next, the sipping takes some getting used to. What worked for me in the beginning was using 1 ounce cups like the ones you can get with over the counter meds (the plastic cup atop them). Fill it and sip from that until you get to a comfortable sipping regimen. Last, you'll eventually be able to increase your intake as time passes.

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

MerMer
on 9/13/09 11:18 pm
Good Morning Debbie,

First Congrats on your surgery. Always, Always consult your surgeons office for everything.

I was the same way with sipping, just couldn't get it right and just as Ms. Kat suggested and my surgeon as well, use the little medicine cups to start. I am almost 3 months out and I still use the medicine cups to get my day started. If I drink to much in the morning to fast I feel horrible. Sometimes it is still a struggle all my liquids but I just sip sip and sip. Keep at it and it will get better.

Ann S.
on 9/14/09 6:41 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Welcome to the bench you Loser, you!!! lol

Question?  Are you using a straw?  If you are, try sipping without the straw because drinking through a straw puts more air in your tummy, or in this case, your pouch.  Maybe that will cut down on the belching & make you more comfortable.  Just a thought.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

dlo2
on 9/14/09 7:03 am - Brandenburg, KY
Thanks everyone for your post.  I am NOT using a straw.  I guess I am just sipping to fast.  I will get the hang of it eventually.  I go back to the surgeron and nut on thursday.  So if it is not better than I will ask them.  I the meantime I am trying to slow down.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views