For Bluepoint Self Pay banders

Mary B.
on 9/14/09 2:47 am - Southern, MD
I had another fill this morning...Yay! When I checked out I was informed that the costs of the fills were lowered from $250 to $180.

AWESOME  at least the price of SOMETHING went down!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Ann S.
on 9/14/09 6:20 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Hi Mary!  It IS good when something so important drops its price so significantly. I'm happy for ya!!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

prissy25
on 9/14/09 6:29 am - Barboursville, VA
Yahoo thats awesome news maybe next time it will be cheaper.....
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

wattscpa1
on 9/14/09 12:41 pm, edited 9/14/09 12:42 pm
I am so happy for you Mary!!!  I know it has to be rough to have to self pay for the fills.  So far mine have been the ones that are included with the surgery.  I hope the rest will only be the $40 co-pay, but they have to be preauthorized, so that means one visit to get him to say okay and then another for the fill so that will end up being $80.  I hope I can just call them and tell them I need one and ask them to get it pre authorized, but I'm sure they'll want that extra office visit.  But we'll see when the time comes.  Right now, I'm at a good point, now I've just got to work on the slider foods and the exercise.

Edited to say:  how did your fill go this morning?  How much of a fill did you get?  Can you tell any difference yet?

Good luck!!!
Sabrina
1st fill 6/29/09 2cc, 2nd 8/30/09 2 cc
Starting W 302, Surgery W 289, Current W 254, Goal 170

Mary B.
on 9/14/09 11:51 pm - Southern, MD
On September 14, 2009 at 7:41 PM Pacific Time, wattscpa1 wrote:
I am so happy for you Mary!!!  I know it has to be rough to have to self pay for the fills.  So far mine have been the ones that are included with the surgery.  I hope the rest will only be the $40 co-pay, but they have to be preauthorized, so that means one visit to get him to say okay and then another for the fill so that will end up being $80.  I hope I can just call them and tell them I need one and ask them to get it pre authorized, but I'm sure they'll want that extra office visit.  But we'll see when the time comes.  Right now, I'm at a good point, now I've just got to work on the slider foods and the exercise.

Edited to say:  how did your fill go this morning?  How much of a fill did you get?  Can you tell any difference yet?

Good luck!!!
Hey Sabrina!
I hope there is an easier way to get your fills done...talk about a pain!

Glad your fill is doing its thing! Hope you can keep things going.

My fill yesterday was good. I got .5cc bringing me to 7.5 in my 11cc band. I had a fill to 8cc and that was WAY too tight. I had a hard time getting thick liquids to stay down. From the 8 I was unfilled to 7...not to happy about that, but with this last fill im up to the 7.5

The only time Ive had to do a full day of liquids was after surgery. Ive never had a fill in the morning before so yesterday was interesting. I cant imagine how hard it is to do a pre-op liquid diet. By the end of the day I just had to drag myself to bed before I ate something! LOL 

I already ate this morning. I had a Pure Protein bar. That went down well, it took me about 15 minutes to eat it and I didnt feel any tightness or pain. Im just hoping that it will last me until lunch time. Im kinda feeling like if 8cc is too tight and 7.5 is not enough...Im stuck.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

wattscpa1
on 9/15/09 1:20 am
I think they can tweak it as little as .25, so don't feel stuck and especially not until you see how this fill does.  It takes mine between 2 to 4 weeks to fully kick in. 

I have to do 2 days of liquids and 2 days of mushies after a fill, so I feel your pain.  I thougth I was going to STARVE to death!!!  LOL.

I think if you can eat in the morning you're probably going to be okay.  Some people say they're too tight first thing in the morning for anything more than a protein shake.  Thankfully I'm not there. 

Good luck and we'll keep in touch about how it's going for both of us.
Sabrina
1st fill 6/29/09 2cc, 2nd 8/30/09 2 cc
Starting W 302, Surgery W 289, Current W 254, Goal 170

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views