DanC73
on 9/13/09 8:20 pm - Fairfax, VA
Hi everyone,

My name is Dan, and I am a 36 year-old from Fairfax. I'm new to the site and wanted to introduce myself.

A little bit about myself.  I am happily married (going on 10 in November) and have two beautiful children, Hannah (4) and Emily (2).  I have always struggled with my weight and, for the first time in years, have decided to take control back.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.  I could really use your advice, tip, and support as I begin my journey.
Ann S.
on 9/13/09 11:54 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Hey Dan!!!  Good morning & welcome!!

Soooo, where are you in your journey thus far?  Do you know by what means you want to "take control back?"  How can we help?

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

DanC73
on 9/14/09 2:37 am - Fairfax, VA
On September 14, 2009 at 6:54 AM Pacific Time, Ann S. wrote:
Hey Dan!!!  Good morning & welcome!!

Soooo, where are you in your journey thus far?  Do you know by what means you want to "take control back?"  How can we help?

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the welcome! It's much appreciated.

I'm afraid that I am just starting my journey, so I have a long way to go.  I know that I'll get there though :)

In terms of "taking back control," I feel like I have let my weight “control" my life and limit what I do. 
Kitty Kat
on 9/14/09 12:02 am - Richmond, VA
Good am Dan,

Welcome to the VA board. Tell us a little bit about your journey so far. 

Have you attended an informational meeting? Chosen a surgeon? Choose a type of surgery in which you would like to or will be having? 

I encourage you to arm yourself with knowledge & ask questions when you think of them. We have a wide variety of folks here who can and will shed light on whatever you may want to ask.

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

DanC73
on 9/14/09 2:40 am - Fairfax, VA
On September 14, 2009 at 7:02 AM Pacific Time, Kitty Kat wrote:
Good am Dan,

Welcome to the VA board. Tell us a little bit about your journey so far. 

Have you attended an informational meeting? Chosen a surgeon? Choose a type of surgery in which you would like to or will be having? 

I encourage you to arm yourself with knowledge & ask questions when you think of them. We have a wide variety of folks here who can and will shed light on whatever you may want to ask.

All best!

Thanks KK  As I told Ann, I am just starting my journey. I am just at the gathering information / question asking stages , so no I have not chosen a surgeon or determined what type of surgery that I will have.
Brenda E.
on 9/14/09 12:13 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Good morning Dan!  Just wanted to welcome you to the VA board. 

Brenda

DanC73
on 9/14/09 2:40 am - Fairfax, VA
On September 14, 2009 at 7:13 AM Pacific Time, Brenda E. wrote:
Good morning Dan!  Just wanted to welcome you to the VA board. 
Thank you Brenda ... it's nice to meet you!
Melissa N.
on 9/14/09 1:17 am - Stafford, VA
Welcome Dan!!  Congrats on making the steps to make a healthier you!! 

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

DanC73
on 9/14/09 2:41 am - Fairfax, VA
On September 14, 2009 at 8:17 AM Pacific Time, Melissa N. wrote:
Welcome Dan!!  Congrats on making the steps to make a healthier you!! 
Thank you Melissa!  I appreciate the warm welcome :)
prissy25
on 9/14/09 6:26 am - Barboursville, VA
 Howdy Dan and welcome to the VA board we welcome new faces and new people taking control of there life! We are here from all walks of the journey's so feel free to read our profiles an write  down any questions and slam away with them that's why we are here is to help.... We will walk u through as much as we can and there are plenty here w/ alot of knowledge....
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views