Getting Back on Track - Monday post

Ms Court
on 9/13/09 11:04 pm - Remington, VA
Had a great weekend with my family!!!!  Got in some good exercise too!  Lots of house chores so I was up & down the stairs, doing cleaning, etc.  Yesterday evening we played a nice game of kickball, adults against the teens!  WE WON!!  Tonight I hope to get in a nice walk with my hubby!  Did pretty well with my foods this weekend too. 

a.m. protein & cuppas in
B - yogurt & banana bread
S - banana
L - not sure yet
S - peanut butter crackers
D - steak fajitas

Have a great one!!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Kitty Kat
on 9/13/09 11:22 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am,

Our weekend was very nice! Got a lot accomplished, got in our walks & stopped off at a playground and played for a bit. Tons of chores & laundry done along with errands & nature time. Today/this week is once again jam packed. I'm very excited about the weather staying nice & cooler. I've got a few things to tend to then am going to chill with the buggas this pm after we get our walk in.

Nutrition:
Cuppas/vits down
B - banana (on the go)
S - protein drink
L - undecided
S - protein drink
D - turkey & cheese wrap w/ mater

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Ann S.
on 9/14/09 6:35 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Hi Kat!  I was just wondering...how's your garden?  Did you plant any cool weather stuff?  I've never done that...plant cool weather crops.  Oddly enough, my tomatoes are going crazy!!  New growth & new fruit!  I guess one last growth spurt before it gets too cold.  I'm hoping that maybe I can keep one going under the grow light indoors over the winter.  Should make for an interesting experiment.

I sure wish I could walk like you do, but walking to the far gate is doing good for me.  I even push myself sometimes & head for the main lane & back, so you inspire me to walk.  Thanks for that!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Kitty Kat
on 9/14/09 8:30 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi Ann. Our garden is great! We've still got some maters coming in & have one row of beans left up. Beans do pretty well here even during frost times. In addition, a couple squash plants (coming out of the ground in the next week or so).

As for cool weather we've already got greens in. Now is a great time (as long as temps stay below say 80 degrees especially for spinach) to plant lettuce, kale & collards. Carrots are good to plant and they will come up in December. (Keep them covered with hay for warmth; in fact keeps all things covered with hay for warmth from this point on). Sugar snaps/peas need to get into the ground before 45 degrees (ground is too hard to accept new things readily). 

Everyone is different. Walk as much and as far as you can. We HAVE to have our nature time. The buggas LOVE it. I get a great work out and so do they. My main consideration is the 3 of us remaining active as possible. We are all outside lovers & besides its free and we can change up our scenery everyday. 

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Ann S.
on 9/14/09 12:11 am - Middletown, VA

9/12/09 Sat
  AM: Shake w/meds
     B: 2-egg salad
     L: Turkey, cheese cubes
     D: Beans w/ham

All meds for day, plenty of H2o

9/13/09 Sun
  AM: Shake w/meds
     B: 2-egg salad
     L: Beans w/rice
     D: Beans w/rice 

All meds for day, plenty of H2o

Wish I could say I had a good weekend, but I didn't.  I have an appt to see my PCP this morning...am worried that I may be coming down with IBS.  Was supposed to have gone with Mike to Luray for a new CW event, but as I was getting us packed to go on Friday, I just began feeling worse & worse.  I wound up staying home, lots of couch time with lots of napping & bathroom trips.

Still not feeling good today, but since I will be out of the house already, I'm gonna get some errands done that I've been putting off.  STILL jumping through hoops, trying to get ready to launch my online store...had no idea it could be this bloody complicated!  So off to the county office building, then the bank, then a quick stop at WallyWorld for more protein shakes.  I hate feeling yucky!!

Hope ya'll have a great day!!

Hugs!
Ann

Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Melissa N.
on 9/14/09 1:31 am - Stafford, VA
I had a great weekend.  Saturday was just running around.  Girls had their first Lyrical dance class.  Packed a couple of boxes and spent time with the family.  Sunday I had a girls day and went out to Hume, VA to the Marriott Rance and took a 1.5hour trail ride on a horse.  It has been YEARS and YEARS since I have been up on a horse.  Boy were my legs and bum sore. : )  The horse tried to buck me off a couple of times.  There was a hudge horse fly on it.  The first time I was not expecting it and lost my footing in one of my stirrups.  I was telling the leader there was a fly on the horse and he was bucking me.  She was yelling at me to swat it off.  OK First.  I lost my stirrup, I am not doing anything until I get my foot back in just in case he bucks again I can go with him instead falling off.  Two, so you want me to swat the horse??  I tried getting the fly off but it kept coming back.  She got off her horse and finally came over.  By that time the fly was landing in my hair.  She said she didn't want to hit me head.  GIRL, you but hit my head and get the fly before this horse bucks me off.  Luckily I was able to stay on him through the four bucks he did.  But it was great time.  Hopefully we will be doing it agian soon. 

AM-Cup of coffee & Protien shake
B- Greek Yogurt with Bare Naked Gornola
L- ???
D-???

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

rduck8
on 9/14/09 1:44 am
RNY on 03/17/09 with
I had a great weekend also, if you call pulling up weeds with the hubby a good part of the day on Saturday, and church was awesome on Sunday. The holy spirit came in like a flood. I slept for a good part of Sunday, my husband kept saying to me "thank you for being my wife"
I told him "thank you for asking me".  With so many people getting divorced, or even talking about it, I feel so blessed to know that after 30years he still tells me thank you and I do mean quite often, we both know that it is because of our strong love for God. Today I'm busy with caulk in my master bathroom tomorrow about the same, Im so mad my home is only two years old and I have to do this go figure.

B- Eggs with small bowl of grits (cooked by my son)
L- Home made soup and sandwich
S- Banana
D- I do most of my protein shakes late and try to drink more in the day.
S - Grapes and watermelon
Ann S.
on 9/14/09 6:26 am - Middletown, VA

Grits, huh?  Ya know, it's kinda weird, but I've been craving grits lately & that's odd for me because I didn't used to even like 'em before...lol.

Your hubby sounds like a doll!  Mine's not quite THAT romantic, but he's a keeper too...25 yrs & counting!

The having to caulk the bathroom after only 2 years...could it be that the building is "settling"?  I bet Melissa would know the answer!  She's quickly becoming my house guru...lol.

Anyway, just wanted to say good job!!!

Hugs!
Ann

tommygirl
on 9/14/09 11:37 am

I was inspired with your post giviing God the Praise for your marriage of 30 years, and how the Holy Spirit came in like a flood on Sunday. I have to thank the Lord also for being married 40 years, for God has blessed our marriage and for being with us each and every day. Isn't  it great when God moves through the Holy Spirit. I love the Lord so much and if it wasn't for him I know I wouldn't be here. Blessings to you and your family.
Tomygirl

Ann S.
on 9/14/09 6:30 am - Middletown, VA
Hi ya Melissa!!!  Wow, you had quite the horsie experience.  Maybe you're ready for some training with Dennis??  Or Mike & I could show you some "tricks" at our place on Sage.  Christina had her first equine experience here on Sage too & she did terrific!!  Think about it & let me know.  I am very impressed that you kept your seat in spite of your horse being a butthead!!  And btw, good you didn't smack the horse while trying to get the fly...things would have gotten REAL ugly if you'd done that since it sounds like he was already goofy to begin with.  Can't wait to see you this Thursday!!!

Hugs!
Ann

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views