Richmond area LapBanders - Support Group?

LisaLisaInVa
on 9/12/09 4:59 am - Mechanicsville, VA

Hi, I usually hang around in the Lap Band surgical forum, but wanted to pop in here to see if I could find some fellow lapbanders in the Richmond area who attend support group meetings at St. Mary's.  I haven't attended any of the group meetings myself, but am interested in doing so and meeting others who are sharing in the same journey.   Just looking for feedback on the meetings and hopefully to make a few acquaintances.   The best conversations I've had have been with other patients in the waiting room at Dr. Brengman's office - so surely a support group meeting would bring about the same kind of interaction.  : )

Thanks, and hope you all have a great weekend!

Lisa

"So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time."  Matthew 6:34

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 9/12/09 2:56 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Hey Lisa! I'm not a patient of your surgical group, but a patient of Commonwealth Surgeons and they share the support groups with your group. I occasionally go to their support groups. I attend the one they host on the second Tuesday of every month. It's called Forever Thin and is open to post ops of any type of WLS. They do also have a support group on a different night that is geared towards Lapbanders but since I'm a RNY'er, I don't attend that one. If you would be interested in meeting up for the October Forever Thin meeting, just message me. I find that it's alway good to go to the meetings with someone. Feel free to message me anyways, if you'd just like to chat. And welcome to the Va boards!!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

LisaLisaInVa
on 9/14/09 12:07 pm - Mechanicsville, VA
Thanks, Theresa Marie!  I definitely want to attend a support group meeting.  I need to get the schedule to see which meetings take place when.  If I attend the Forever Thin one I'll let you know!

Have a great day!

Lisa

"So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time."  Matthew 6:34

Toobcherished
on 9/13/09 7:47 am - Henrico, VA

Hello Lisa,
Just wanted to say hello.  I am with Dr. Shroeder at Richmond Surgical Group and will be getting my RNW surgery soon.  I am already approved just waiting on a date from them which seems to take FOREVER.  I havent attended any meetings yet but hopefully I will start soon after the sugery..Im thinking that will be in October.  Just wanted to introduce myself and say hey there.  Hopefully you will post in the forum sometimes as well!.

Tanya

LisaLisaInVa
on 9/14/09 12:05 pm - Mechanicsville, VA
Hi Tanya!

Dr. Brengman is my dr. but I like Dr. Shroeder too!  I haven't seen him in the office but he's been on call when I've had to call in after hours (shortly after my surgery).    He was very nice and helpful.

Good luck with your surgery, I'm sure you'll be very successful - and you'll be losing that weight super fast!!

Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views