Recipe's/ Good Sat Morning

prissy25
on 9/11/09 10:18 pm - Barboursville, VA
Come on gals/guys I know there are more of you out there to offer your favorite foods for the newbies, with the Holidays approching us they would enjoy the fact of having new things to carry to there family's for them to try. But do as I did dont tell they were sugarfree desserts which I have a few I will add later today I have a sugarfree pumpkin pie Ill add as well as chocolate but Im headed out the door right now so when I come back Id like to see this page loaded come those who havent give us  there favorite's please do so...... Show your love an support!!!!!!!!!
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Penny Denny
on 9/12/09 12:10 am - Collinsville, VA
I'm getting ready for a wedding, but I promise to post a recipe when I get home. In the meantime, someone posted a crockpot recipe for cubed steak last week, and I cannot find it. If not too much trouble, could you repost it.

Thanks, Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Ms Court
on 9/12/09 12:13 am - Remington, VA

Creamy Cheesecake

This recipe can be made with sugar or Splenda. The measurements are the same.

Crust:

2 packages of graham crackers, crushed
1 stick of margarine, melted
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 cup of sugar or Splenda

Mix ingredients and pat into a 10" springform pan, bottom and sides. Chill for an hour. You may substitute graham crackers with vanilla wafers, chocolate wafers, or zwieback. Crushed nuts and toasted coconut are tasty additions also.

Filling:
3 Eight ounce packages of light cream cheese (Neufachtel), room temperature. Place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat until fluffy. In a separate bowl, beat 4 egg whites untils stiff, gradually adding 1 cup of sugar or Splenda and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Add egg white mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Beat on low speed until smooth. Pour into the prepared crust and bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Let stand for 15 minutes.

Topping:
Combine 1 pint of low-fat sour cram, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 6 tablespoons of sugar or Splenda. Pour over the top of the cheesecake and bake for 5 minutes at 450 degrees.

Let the cheesecake cool at room temperature, then refrigerate overnnight for best results. I top the cheesecake with fresh fruit, but plain is fine. I also lightly sprinkle ground cinnamon over the top of the cheesecake before putting on the sour cream topping. Think of your own fun variations. Bon Appetit! Calories = 260 for 1/10 of the cheesecake if made with Splenda.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Penny Denny
on 9/13/09 3:16 am - Collinsville, VA

Cherry Pineapple Dessert

2-20 oz cans “no sugar added" cherry pie filling

2-15.25 oz cans pineapple tidbits in 100% juice

½ box “reduced sugar" yellow cake mix

¼ cup walnut pieces

1 ¼ stick butter, melted

Pour pie filling in bottom of 13x9 pan. Drain pineapple and put the tidbits over pie filling. Next pour the cake mix evenly on top of pineapple. Sprinkle nuts on top. Pour melted butter over the dessert. Bake at 350 until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.

16 servings=165 calories, and 9 gram sugar

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

prissy25
on 9/13/09 4:56 am - Barboursville, VA
So Penny does the cake mix make the crust? And you know they have sugarfree Apple and blueberry Im  thinking these could be used as well Im gonna try this ASAP! Thank you....
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Penny Denny
on 9/13/09 6:42 am - Collinsville, VA
It does make the crust. I used to make this without trying to be healthy and would use regular cake mix and cherry filling. I have tried the apple mix. Also a lady at my church uses strawberry filling. Let me know how it works for you.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views