Waiting Game

Toobcherished
on 9/9/09 8:43 am - Henrico, VA
Sorry I havent posted in a few days but I am a bit frustrated.  As you know, week before last I found out I was approved for the surgery.  I found out by going on the Anthem site and viewed it there.  That was 9 days ago.  I called the day after and finally got a call back the next day.  I explained that I knew I was approved and asked them if they had gotten any info yet.  They told me they had not heard from my ins company.  I said fine I will wait a few more days but I really would like to set my date as soon as possible so that I can let my job know.  My boss has been planning vacations, etc and I needed to break the news that I would be out (its a small office and I am her right hand) anyway she assured me she would call when  she heard.  Last friday I called and left a message that I was still waiting on a call back.  Finally she called me back and told me she still didnt have any information from insurance co.  So I called the insurance co and they say they didnt know what the doctors office was talking about that they sent info to them on the 1st and that they should call them with any questions.  I relayed that info via voicemaill last friday and still I have heard nothing.  Yesterday I got verification in the mail of my approval.  I am so frustrated right now.  All I want is a freaking date! 

Ok Im calm now.

Tanya
Pat F.
on 9/9/09 9:55 am - Richmond, VA
Sorry that you are going through this and I would call back and ask for the office manager and see what is going on. I would tell her everything and see what she can do. I hope that you hear something real soon.

Melissa N.
on 9/9/09 11:20 am - Stafford, VA
Tanya,  I am so sorry you are going through this.  I would take your verification letter down to the office tomorrow and show it to them.  have them make your date before you leave.  HUGS!

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Toobcherished
on 9/9/09 11:37 am - Henrico, VA
i wish I could hand deliver it, unfortuantly we have some big wigs in the office this week and wall to wall meetings.  I did however steal a minute today to fax a copy of my letter over to the doctors office.  I just feel almost like they have got the info but they are so far behind on approvals that she is putting me off.  Hopefully I will know something  by the end of this week but at this point I am not holding my breath.
MerMer
on 9/9/09 12:18 pm
Hold on Tanya, its almost over. The anticipation for a date is a real drag. Stay calm.lol I know its hard waiting to get on the losers bench.

Kitty Kat
on 9/9/09 8:18 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Tanya,

I know its frustrating. All the hoop jumping and hurrying up just to wait. Keep your chin up & faith strong. I pray you hear/get your date before this week is out. :)

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Ms Court
on 9/9/09 9:55 pm - Remington, VA
Hang in there Tanya!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

melanie M.
on 9/9/09 11:50 pm - Hopewell, VA
I feel your pain... Joyce was suppose to call or email me before tuesday and she didnt so I called her on tuesday afternoon she said they were backed up with them changing names.. I told her I have been waiting since July1st and I need to get the info so i can get whatever done that needs to be done as i have to have surgery in Dec due to school.. She told me she would call them then and call me right back...hhhhmmm  no call... i called her yesterday and she said i was next on the list she just had to finish up the person in front of me  would i be home in about hr..i said yes..sat here waiting for her to call and AM STILL WAITING!!!!  

Hang in there and call her again..and again..and again     talk to Stacy or Erin if you can and tell them about her incompetence!!
Toobcherished
on 9/10/09 9:33 am - Henrico, VA
I got the same line..."are you going to be at this number for an hour let me get my papers and call you right back"!  And nothing!  Dont they know we post to message boards like this one?  What's this about them changing names?  I didnt know anything about that.  If you dont hear anything you should complain, I will as well.
Ann S.
on 9/10/09 1:27 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Wow, Tanya.  I can't get over the shoddy way you are being treated.  If the office is run that ineptly, what about the surgeon?  Perhaps it might be time to inform them that they stand to make a good chunk of change off of you, but if they don't give you an answer by close of business tomorrow, that you can take your business elsewhere & that you will never make any recommendations in the future.  It's amazing how much money talks, especially when there's a chance that they will lose that money.  The thing you'll need to consider for yourself before you say something like that though is whether you can follow through with your threat.  I know how badly you want to have your surgery, but maybe, just maybe it would be in your best interest to find a better group to work with.  If they're this contrary now, what will they be like AFTER your surgery when you may need their help immediately?  Frankly, I'm kinda concerned for your well being.  I'm sorry to be a wet blanket, but this is pretty serious stuff & I want you to have the best.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views