Busting Loose From A Stall?

Ann S.
on 9/9/09 7:29 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Ok, we need to find out some good ways to bust through a stall.  A few of our sisters/brother is stuck.

My first recommendation is to call your Nutritionist & get some advice.  Anyone else wanna jump in here?

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Brenda E.
on 9/9/09 8:03 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I did talk with my nutritionist last week and she said it is perfectly normal.  I am getting on average 60 oz of water a day, taking all my vitamins and protein, not snacking and eating 1/4 cup per meal.  She said it is not unusual to see the stall and then have a huge leap forward right after wards.  Someone else at my support group meeting suggested that I measure myself also instead of just weighing and I may find that even though I am not losing the pounds that I may be losing inches. 

Brenda

Kitty Kat
on 9/9/09 8:19 am - Richmond, VA
Added to checking in with a nutritionist are some things we can all do to positively change up our activities & intake thus breaking through stalls.

- Getting in additional "good" fluids such as caffeine free/sugar free, water, teas, cuppas etc

- Changing up our exercise choices as our bodies get used to a pattern of continuous exercise at about 4 weeks or so

- Increasing protein intake

- Managing our carbs, sugars, fats and other intake levels

I'm sure others will have more to share. :) 

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Ms Court
on 9/9/09 9:53 pm - Remington, VA
Stalls are generally common as our bodies adjust to the changes.  As pointed out, that is when the inches come off and your body changes.  It is all those fat cells dissolving.

Discussion with a nut is a great idea, it may be that the person is at a place in their journey where they need to up calories.

Changing up the exercise, another great idea as your body does get used to the same old routines.

Increase fluids & proteins may help too.

It is just a normal part of the journey and something to deal with.  I did know one lady, who actually stalled for almost 3 months.  She had lost rapidly in the beginning, stalled from like the 5th month out to the 8th, but did drop major inches during that time.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

SWEET Tink
on 9/10/09 7:09 am
There are several ways. While I never had to do this ..
Up your protein , Up the water intake .. and up your exercise or change up your exercise routine .

I do know I have counseled a few where this has worked .. so I do know if applied it can work .
The one thing to know too , is that most plateaus will end on their own . The body has a sneaky way of stalling out on us when it fears change is coming ... such as caloric intake being lowered .

One can also start a food journal. Keeping a log of what they are eating to see how many calories they are taking in . Also matching their caloric intake to exercise is important too.

I hope these people find what works for them ... stalls can be emotionally draining .

Love ya ,
Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views