days 3 & 4

cpatters
on 9/9/09 1:40 pm - Rockingham County, VA
Well, days 3 and 4 of the 5dpt were not so bad. I have stayed busy and that has helped. Also, I think that the first 2 days of only liquids was enough to keep me from getting extremely hungry on days 3 and 4. It kind of felt weird to eat solids again.  No... I have not done it perfectly. Yes... I have ate a few bites (and I mean just a few little bites) of things that are not on the plan here and there. But I would consider it so far a success. One thing that the 5dpt has done for me is to cause me to become aware of how much I really do graze through out the day and it has helped me focus back on protein first. I had not realize how little protein I had been eating. When I think back to my average day, I was getting maybe 25-30g (at the most) of protein a day. Which we all know if way too little. Getting back on here and reading the success stories, looking at the pictures and just reading about other folks who are going through the same struggles as I am helps immensely.
Hugs
Cath

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 6:33

Seek ye first the kingdom of God

Kitty Kat
on 9/9/09 8:19 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Cath,

Glad things are working out for you. A good hard look at ourselves reveals quite a bit. We have to been open, willing & honest to make changes (yes 12 Steps for me are ringing through ) and even small changes can make a big difference!

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Ms Court
on 9/9/09 9:57 pm - Remington, VA
Glad to hear it is going well!  I knew you could do it!!

Thanks for sharing your journey with us to.  It does help for myself as I am struggling to get back on track also.  But it also helps for those behind us as they ride their journeys.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

prissy25
on 9/9/09 10:14 pm - Barboursville, VA
You Rawk Cathy I knew you could pull this off and you will continue to do so! Keep doing what your doing and there is nothing wrong with doing the lil things, but you know the problem so you have to put yourself in a better place and make the changes to keep you from grazing. sending you big  and hope to see you real soon.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Ann S.
on 9/10/09 2:05 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Nice job, Cath.  And as Courtney said, thanks for taking us along on your trip.  One more day, right?  I'm really proud of you!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

SWEET Tink
on 9/10/09 7:05 am
Hey there beautiful ,
Yes it has been a while .
I give you Kudos for doing the PT .. it is something I have yet to do , but here it works .
You are so very right . Protein is the key to our weightloss . In the beginning I was told to get in atleast 60grams . I went on some physical trainer sites and seen where some Athletes where doing more , but they where exercising more , as sometimes getting in more protien needs more exercise in order to burn and jump start the motabolism .

Yes , you are a success !! Keep up the great work .. I know you can do this ..
Thanks for sharing ,

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

caroline2622
on 9/10/09 12:08 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Cath    Thank you for your insight .   We are all struggling with the same issues.    I backed off one of my protein drinks.  Need to put it back again.  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views