A Sensitive Subject

Melissa N.
on 9/10/09 10:48 pm - Stafford, VA
I am going to take this a different way....

This is a belief of mine and I teach it the young girls I teach for at the local domestic violence orgainization.  The class is Building Healthy Realtionships and we deal with all aspects of relationships.

One topic that is hot in my class is the he said she said crap.  That can resinate many feelings in someone if they are being talked about or put down by another person.  This is my take on things:

What is the most important opnion and the only opnion you should be concearned about is your own opnion of yourself.  You are not going to make everyone happy and you will not be friends with everyone.  There will ALWAYS be someone who has something to say about you.  But you know what, what they think or say doesn't mean crap.  It is what you think and feel about yourself that is important.  Why are you going to allow someone else to have that control over you?  Through this process we work so hard to gain control over our selves, our lives, our health and our weight.  Why let someone else to gain that control over you.  Because when you are upset and worried over what someone else says about you, then you are allowing that person to gain control over you.

Sure, it happens when we have someone in our lives who hurt us and we think they are our friends end up to be vicous and talk about us or do things to us or take advantage of us.  Don't let that person gain that control over you.  Let them go.  Oh well.  I know it is a loss of a friendship, but if they act and behave in that manner, do you really want that person in your life?

Maybe I have a hard heart, but I am not going to allow no one in my life to gain that type of control of my emotions and mental health in that manner.  If you do not like me.  Fine, you don't have to.  If you have an opnion on me, you are titled to that opnion and I respect that.  If it is a bad opinon, I would like for you to address that with me, you may be surprised, but if not, so be it.  I have to much going on in my life that really matters to worry about what so and so thinks and says about me.  As my favorite saying is, Frankly Darling, I don't give a damn.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

vagirl00
on 9/11/09 12:39 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Well said!
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

callinwildfire
on 9/11/09 7:04 am - Levels, WV
While this post may not exactly be obesity related, it does effect the obesity board inner workings, so I can see why Ann feels justified in posting here. Right or wrong, I know that it comes from the heart as she is a lioness when defending a friend who has been wronged . I am very sorry that there are people on this board who would intentionally inflict emotional pain on a fellow member who has obviously been suffering with chronic pain issues. Chronic pain, as well as obesity, causes severe depression as well as a number of other issues. I am surprised that Tink has been able to remain a loyal, supportive constant contributing member of this board with what she has been going through. I am sure that she has her pain management under control between her and her physician, and frankly it noones  business but hers, how she manages her condition.Thank you, Tink, for being there for us, and I hope that by airing out the dirty laundry,some embarrassment will stop the flapping jaws. Just know that you are not alone.Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views