OT: My Cavalry Schedule

Ann S.
on 9/9/09 1:21 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Some of you wanted info on my/our upcoming cavalry events so hubby put together a good list for ya'll that are interested.

Link for 145th Battle of Third Wichester at Luray Caverns, Luray, Va.   Sep 11-13  $5 per adult per day. http://www.virginia.org/site/description.asp?attrID=57105

This will be our first time going to this event so I can say whether it's good or not.  Guess we'll find out in a couple of days...lol.
*****************************************************   Autumn Conservation Festival at the CRC Smithsonian in Front Royal, Va,  Oct 3-4. There are links for the map and to purchase car passes (6 people  per car) $30 per day. http://nationalzoo.si.edu/ActivitiesAndEvents/Celebrations/A CF/default.cfm

This one I highly recommend for those with children of all ages.  Besides our cavalry demos, & your chance to see me dressed up in period garb, there are exotic & even endangered animals on display, booths, food, and rides on horse-drawn wagons.  This place is only open to the public once per year...it's their fund raiser.  Melissa & her family came last year & had a great time.   *******************************************
  Battle of Cedar Creek at Middletown, Va Oct 17-18  $15 Adults $6 for students per day. There is a ticket purchase tab to pre-oder tickets by 30 Sept. http://www.cedarcreekbattlefield.org/

This is in my own backyard, or almost is...3 miles from my house!  Little kids may not be so interested, but good for middle school on up.

So that's it for the local stuff.  After Cedar Creek we are headed to Hamilton, NC to Fort Branch...at least I HOPE we are.  We've been trying to get back there for about 7 years but one thing or another happens to preclude us from going, i.e., hurricanes, floods, etc.  I hope we make it this year cuz it's one of my favorite places!  Anyway, hope to see ya'll soon!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

vagirl00
on 9/9/09 8:19 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
What timing, Ann!  Lindsay was just invited to show her photography at a gallery in Old Town Fredericksburg, and she was asking about the plans to shoot the Front Royal event, and the dates for it.  I will pass this along to her. 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ann S.
on 9/9/09 9:24 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Happy to be of service, milady!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views