Getting Back on Track - Wednesday post

Ms Court
on 9/8/09 10:15 pm - Remington, VA
Good Morning!  Difficult & late evening last night so I am grumpy today.  Plan to keep to myself so as not to take it out on anyone else.  Ended up home after work and enjoyed some me time but unfortunately I was being lazy and didn't get in any exercise.  It was after dinner that everything went to pot.  Oldest didn't get done with football til 11:30, bed at midnight, so there is my issue.

Plan to just get work done today, quiet in the office again so that shouldn't be a problem.  Will probably just read or work on a home project by myself tonight, maybe just go straight to bed.

a.m. protein & cuppas in
B - bagel & yogurt
S - granola bar
L - ham & cheese sandwich with sun chips
S - banana & trail mix
D - whatever I don't have to cook.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

rduck8
on 9/8/09 10:45 pm
RNY on 03/17/09 with
Well today I was up very early, seems that my energy level is starting to show. I home school so my day is really packed. I did so bad yesterday on my fluids that I tried to catch up on it before I went to bed, well lets just say bad ideal. Today I started out early with my fluids trying to get in as much as possible, I think that drinking has given me more energy. I have always taken all of my vitamins, but the fluids I could take or leave it or so I thought. I feel so good today yessssssss!!!
I also switched to soy whey, because the other whey gave me bad gas . The soy whey is so much easier to digest for me, wish that I started sooner. Today I just plan on eating light and drinking heavy, I like having energy.
Ruby

Ann S.
on 9/8/09 11:08 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Good morning, Sunshine!!  Good attitude about the water.  One tiny concern though.  About the protein.  Not being an RNY'er, I don't wanna talk outta school, but it seems that the whey is very important for us all rather than the soy.  So I have two suggestions...#1 is to give your Nutritionist a quick call before switching all together.  I don't remember why whey is better than soy, but I know it seemed pretty important, so check on that one.  #2...have you tried the Special K protein drink?  It has whey, but it tastes oh so good & I don't have any problems with gas.  I especially like the dark chocolate, but that seems to be a tough one to find so the regular chocolate one is good too.  Hmmm, as I'm sitting here typing to you, I am wondering if drinking water helps resolve some of the gas associated with consuming whey protein.  While you have the NUT. on the phone, maybe ask her is something like Gas-X or Beano would help.  Definitely ask her about the water though...I'd be interested in knowing the answer to that one.  Or somebody with more knowledge here can enlighten us both.  At any rate, I am so darned proud of you about the water issue!!  I know how hard you have struggled with that & now you're doing it!!  AND reaping the benefits!!   Do you realize what a good example you're setting for your kids too?  You go Mama-Teacher!! 

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

caroline2622
on 9/9/09 7:45 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Ruby what are you mixing with the protein?   I use Lactaid milk. I find it to be much kinder to my tummy.    EAS is a mix of whey and soy.   Much cheaper at Costco for 6 lbs - 24.00
Vanilla is tasty.    

Not drinking enough doe effect our energy.    Totallly understand.  I struggle getting in enough fluids everyday.   Make sure you are eating too. 

Glad you are feeling well.

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Ann S.
on 9/8/09 10:53 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with

Ok, let me just tippy toe around Courtney & take my turn after wishing her a nice, quiet, easy-going day.

9/8/09 Tue

AM: still no shake, no Rx (I'm lost without my shake.  Will get some TODAY!!)
B: 1/2 packet oatmeal
S: 10 M&Ms
L: 2 oz boneless bbq (leftover chinese food)
S: none
D: 2 cheese-filled hot dogs, 1/2 c corn, 1/2 c mac n cheese (no more...can't take the sodium in the dogs!)
S: M&Ms (they're almost gone...won't buy anymore.)

Got in plenty of H2o

Struggled with a new cozie pattern...I've ripped this stupid thing out at least 8 times, but I think I got it right now.  Hope to fini**** today.  Not a big rip roaring day yesterday.  Paid bills (darn it), made some business calls, answered some emails.  Don't know why I couldn't sleep...was up till after 5 am!  I hate insomnia!  Oh, I did send a week's worth of food diary to my NUT. yesterday so I hope to hear back from her soon.  Definitely need to get my shakes...not having them is ruining my routine.  Hoping for a visit from a friend today, but not sure if she'll be able to make it.

Ok, who's next?

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Kitty Kat
on 9/8/09 11:11 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am ya'll,

I had such a jam packed day yesterday. I am so thankful for the wonderful slow down I got late last pm. I was sure tired. I got help with things when I really needed it and didn't have to ask for it either. :) Kayla had a wonderful 1st day of school, Nora & I worked in her Pre-K book, got several To Do list items completed, got in some work (nothing like some extra $$) & I really enjoyed drifting off to sleep.

Today is jam packed once again. I am loving this gorgeous weather & have some things to tend to. There are some interesting developments which have me thinking & so I need to try and decide the best options. I'm looking forward to hearing about Kayla's 2nd day of school, working with Nora on her lessons, baking some Fall breads/muffins & getting on with this beautiful day.

Nutrition:

Cuppas & vits down
B - parmesan cheese omelet
S - yogurt
L - baked talapia & steamed squash & onions w/ mushroom spices
S - protein drink
D - undecided

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views