Tailbone anyone???

Melissa N.
on 9/8/09 4:09 am - Stafford, VA
Has anyone have or had tailbone pain?  I have been hving extensive tailbone pain for the past couple months.  No, I have not injured myself, I just have the case of no butt padding.  But it hurts when I sit for long periods of time and if I sit in the wrong chair.  I have to get up at work every 30 minutes or so to move around. 

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

vagirl00
on 9/8/09 5:18 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Hey, Melissa:

I actually broke my tailbone skiing years ago.....talk about uncomfortable!

Yes, once I really started losing the weight, I was having to reposition myself sitting.   I would never, in a million years, have thought I would need more padding...but it would have helped.  Luckily, over time, I guess things moved around and I don't have the problem any longer.

If it keeps up, you may want to see your PCP to make sure you haven't hurt something.  I hope it's better soon.
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ms Court
on 9/8/09 5:26 am - Remington, VA
Pretty normal occurence but as mentioned it does readjust.  :)

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Heide A.
on 9/8/09 5:39 am - Chantilly, VA
RNY on 02/24/09 with
Melissa, for me it's not my tail bone it's my hips that cause me issues, if I sit to long or in one position too long they hurt, it feels like they are bruised, it the oddest thing. I never once thought that my body would hurt more now in some places, than when I was so much heavier.
364      330      197   175
START  SURGERY  CURRENT GOAL

caroline2622
on 9/8/09 6:44 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Mellissa   I have issues with my tail bone and hips.     The weight shift sent me into physical therapy and they slowly worked me into the gym.    Back pain has eased some.    But I need reconstruction lift in the gut.    6 months or so hope insurance lift and repair of hernia, 

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
tommygirl
on 9/8/09 6:45 am
I guess ladies we just lost our padding that we were so use to and when the weight came off we have to adjust how we sit. My daughter who is 4 years out has a hard time sitting her tailbone hurts her all the time, now with me I am 18 months out and my tailbone stop hurting about 1 month ago. She is alot smaller than me.  Hang in there
tomygirl
lysb
on 9/8/09 8:09 am - Alexandria, VA
Melissa - i have been having tailbone issues, but i thought it was just due to bike riding too much at the gym.  Anyway, hope you feel better soon.  lys

Kitty Kat
on 9/8/09 10:52 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Melissa,

Seems like its a common theme amongst WLS folks. Losing our padding and having things shift around can cause issues. I've sought a chiropractor (different than the 1st I saw) and its been helping. I've also gotten back to walking which helps greatly. In addition, consider getting a comfort pad for your chair(s) and its best to get up at least once per hour and move around. I hope things get better for you. :) 

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

prissy25
on 9/8/09 10:58 pm - Barboursville, VA
I have a cracked tailbone and have this issue as well as the hips an back so it comes w/ the journey. Good luck.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views