Getting Back on Track - Monday/Tuesday post

Ms Court
on 9/7/09 11:14 pm - Remington, VA
Well I got so busy in my house projects and the holiday that I forgot to post yesterday.  Silly me!  So how was your weekend?  Great here.  I got 2 bathrooms painted and looking great, lots of exercise up & down the stairs and arm work with those rollers & brushes.  Of course it did not go problem free and we ended up with some plumbing issues but hubby took care of it.  Lots of great eating this weekend.  I did fix some stuffed peppes on Friday, oh my they were fabulous and I enjoyed leftovers for lunch on Saturday & Sunday.  Last night hubby's brother fixed dinner, we had crab cakes & shrimp along with a yummy salad.  Although it all tasted great, my body did not like something & it spiked my sugar up so I did not feel that great afterwards.  Finally heard back from the PA on my CT scan, they have not seen the results yet.  So I just got off the phone with radiology who is sending it over asap.  Hope to finally here something in a day or two.

Plans for today/tonight will depend on weather I guess.  No one else in the office today so it will be nice and quiet for me, hopefully I will get a good bit done.  One girlie has soccer & the other has football tonight, will have to wait & see if we get rained out or not.  Need to get some exercise in, if the weather holds, which ever event I make it too will involve some walking around the fields!  :)

A.M. protein & cuppas in (bought some EAS chocolate, yummy!!! I am really liking it)
B - yogurt & mini bagel with peanut butter
S - banana & trail mix
L - ham & cheese sandwich & sunchips
S - grapes & strawberries
D - not sure yet

Now I realize for some who are newer out or perhaps a grad looking at my lunches you may think wow I can't believe her choices.  I will post an explanation for you, one my nut actually told me to have carbs at every meal if possible because of my low blood sugar issues, my body responds better with carbs in it, two I use the Natures own white wheat breads (good for me & they are light so they do not sit heavy) and the sun chips are whole grain.

Have a great day all!!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Kitty Kat
on 9/8/09 12:15 am - Richmond, VA
Good am,

Our weekend was absolutely wonderful! The buggas & I got a lot accomplished & enjoyed nature time, a little shopping, dinner & a movie & they conked out by 8:30. Eating was great this weekend. Seafood, veggies & fruit. I've been on a crab legs/fish kick lately. I made veggie beef soup in the crockpot and let it cook over night. It'll be lunch today. :) Today is K's first day in 3rd grade. She was totally excited as am I & I'm looking forward to her coming home & telling me all about it. Of course there will be tons of paperwork & reading. Today is jam packed. I've got a To Do with much to get done. I'm being nudged in a few areas so my focus is shifting. We are blessed for sure!

Nutrition:

Cuppas & vits down
B - chocolate chip buttermilk pancake
S - provolone cheese slices
L - veggie beef soup from the crock pot
S - protein drink
D - undecided as we'll have company :)

All best for a GREAT Tuesday!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Melissa N.
on 9/8/09 12:45 am - Stafford, VA

Hey there beautiful!!

It feels great to be back on the regular routine.  Last month was INSANE!!  Work was crazy.  Actually spent the night one night to get a report in.  Then my mom had surgery last week and I unexpeditly took last week off from work to help her out.  I teleworked though, so it was insane.  House hunting and bidding.  UGH.  I did not eat well.

I got home LATE Friday night and pretty much spent Saturday in bed catching up on ZZZs.  Sunday the family went down to Lake Caroline and played int he water.  I even hit the volleyball around which was fun.  Monday was racing around getting school supplies and last minute items for the kids and getting them packed and ready for today.

Today, I feel much better.  It feels good to get bak on schedule and back on plan.  Got the babies off to school this morning and came on in.  Now I need to finish my monthly reports.  I am waiting to hear back from the bank to see if they ratified the contract on the house so I can get the financing started and I can hopefully go to closing Sept 30.

Pre B-  A cup of coffe then on the way to work I had CLICK Protien/Vanillia Bean Nectar/Soy Milk shake.
B-Greek yogurt and Bear Naked Vanilla Almond Crunch
S-Hummus
L- left over White Chicken Chili from Ruby Tuesday
D- Steak Baby!!! and whatever sides.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

vagirl00
on 9/8/09 2:00 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Good morning!

The weekend was a busy one here, with lots of projects around the house tackled, and of course, making lists of new ones I'd like to get done!  Had a cookout on Saturday and enjoyed being able to have a small piece of a grilled hamburger.  Those of you who know me, know that meats are constant issue for me, but it was delicious and no problems!

I love, love, love this weather - Fall is on the way.  I can't believe it, but the trees are already starting to change and leaves are falling.  Where has the year gone? 

This week starts a new focus for me:  a vigorous exercise program.  I was religious about getting my exercise in for almost two years, but the last few months I have slacked, and I am paying the price now.  Sooo....treadmill is one phase, biking is another, and getting into yoga classes is the third.  The maintenance phase of this life style change is proving to be an eye opening time for me -- I am realizing that just because I am "there," I can't back off...so...here we go!

Exercise:  45 minutes on the treadmill this morning (then about an hour of moving furniture...does that count?!?)

Food:

B:  Cheese
L:  Soup and salad
S:  Chocolate coconut protein shake (mmmm....!!!)
D:  Mexican casserole
S:  Greek yogurt

Have a great day!
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ann S.
on 9/8/09 3:06 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Saturday:
AM: protein shake, Rx
B: 1 very small blueberry pancake
L: 1/2 a lunchables (ham, cheddar)
S:  about 10 peanut M&Ms (I had a chocolate meltdown!)
D: leftover baked chicken, teeny bit of taters with teeny bit of gravy

Sunday:
AM: Rx (ran out of protein shakes)
B: 1 egg, 2 strips bacon
L:  shaved turkey, 8 colby cheese cubes, handful of fresh blueberries
D:  cubed steak done in crockpot, fresh green beans, teeny bit of mashed taters with gravy

Monday:
AM: forgot Rx & still no shake
B: 1/4 banana, 1/2 yogurt cup, about 1 tbsp of fried taters
L:  none (I know...bad...got so busy, I forgot the time)
D:  Chinese take-out...beef lo mein (mostly beef, very little noodles), 1 whole egg roll, 3 bites of boneless bbq, 2 sweet/sour shrimp, 1 piece sweet/sour chicken, 1 tbsp fried rice
S: about 20 peanut M&Ms

The garage sale pile is growing daily!  I had no idea we had so much "stuff"!  The attic is pretty much done except for Matt's stuff that he has to sort through.  Had an emotional moment while going through my Mom's things.  I miss her so much.  I thought about calling her, but decided it wouldn't make me feel better.  I don't know what's worse...not having her around at all, or having her alive but not knowing who I am.  Anyway, I don't have to deal with the attic anymore.  Now I just need to peruse the rest of the house & decide what else is going up for sale.  This week I will do that, room by room.

Did manage to create 3 cozis over the weekend, so little by little my inventory is increasing.  I still need to make some changes to the store before I can launch it, but I've only got so much time in a day.  MAYBE this week!

In spite of some poor food choices, I'm very pleased that I lost over 7 lbs in a week!!  I haven't had that kind of loss in a long time so I must be doing something right!!

I was very happy to see Ken post last week...I hope he makes it in today too.  And Ruby, how ya doing on your fluids, sweetie?? 

Courtney, sounds like you had a great weekend & got a lot accomplished.  Still waiting with you on the CT results.

Kat, I'm with you on the crab legs...I just love them!!! 

Cindy, ummm...would you mind doing a some workouts for me too?  I mean since I can't do it like you?? lol  Good for you for stepping things back up!!

Melissa, sorry to hear that your Mom had surgery...I hope she has a speedy recovery...for YOUR sake...LOL.  Try not to work so hard!  And where is this new house???  Details!!

Ok, off to get some more things done today!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Melissa N.
on 9/8/09 4:12 am, edited 9/8/09 4:12 am - Stafford, VA
Ann, the new house is actually one street up from where I live.  I am really happy about it. I will not have to up root my kids to much and can slowly move as I can.  It is a 4 bdrm Colonial.  three levels with another room in the basement for the "5th" bedroom.  I got a good deal on it. It is a forclosure and I was in a bidding war.  I went up $10K above the asking proce but it still ended up being $50K less then what I have been going for, so a good savings for me.  I am pretty excited, just waiting now for the bank to ratify the contract so I can get things rolling for my mortgage.  I just have to serve the current inhabinets a death, err, eviction notice.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

cpatters
on 9/8/09 4:42 am - Rockingham County, VA
My weekend was busy. We had friends over Saturday night for a camp fire winnie roast. Sunday was the usual with church. Monday was Labor day and that is exactly what my hubby and I did.... we labored at staining our deck. (which is muli teired and lots of steps!) I can't complain because it kept my mind off of food while I was doing day 2 of the 5dpt.
 Monday (day 2 of 5)
AM-coffee with protein powder
S-sf pudding cup
L-protein shake
S-sf jello
D-protein shake (YES, I WAS HUNGRY!!!!!  1 bite of my hubby's cheese from his calzone & 4 french fries . We went out to dinner, and I was on a liquid day.... so I cracked a little) 
s-chicken broth & sf pudding

Tuesday (day 3 of 5)
am-hot coca with protein powder
b-egg with cheese
s-sf pudding
l- egg with cheese
s-coffee
d- ?? tuna,. egg with cheese or cottage cheese...I dont know I have to work all night.

tomorrow is day 4 I will have to look to see what yummy things I am alowed to eat tomorrow! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 6:33

Seek ye first the kingdom of God

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views