5DPT

cpatters
on 9/6/09 4:25 am - Rockingham County, VA
 I have been off the boards for quite a while now. I am 3 1/2 years out and I am slowly gaining weight back. I am a self confessed nibbler. I eat little bits of food all day long. I have fallen back to eating junk food. I crave things like nachos, potato chips and fries and I can usually eat them with no dumping. I may feel nauseated from time to time, but nothing overwhelming. 
 I woke up this morning and the first thing that I put into my mouth (even before I started the coffee pot) was a small piece of a brownie! I didn't even think about it.... I just did it! So I knew right then that I had to do something to break the cycle. I have tried the 5 day pouch test before and I did not get through day 1 with out eating something. I decided to give it a try again. I am in the 7th hour of the 120 hours of the test. Can I do it??? I don't know... but I will try. 
 If anyone else out there wants to give it a try with me... come on and we will do it together! I am really hungry right now so I came to the computer and thought that I would keep my fingers busy with typing and keep my mind off of food! 
 If there are any of you who have tried it and know some tips and tricks in getting through all 5 days successfully, then feel free to let me know. I need all the help I can get! 

cath

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 6:33

Seek ye first the kingdom of God

prissy25
on 9/6/09 7:30 am - Barboursville, VA
Cathy  baby girl we all falter and we all get back up and keep trying none of us are perfect by a long shot and if there is someone out there that says they are well they arent tlling the truth and they are lying to themself. The support you have to have it thats's why I push you to the meetings even if its  just for a lil while  every other month make time for them, they are so important to us. We need each other to get through these hard times and to make the right choices and  be able to have a partner in crime so to speak. Its not easy and  for u I know its not w/ 2 teenage boys and the shifts you work. So dont beat yourself up over it  come join us and we will be there to help you we love ya and  want to be there every step of the way!!!! HUgs...  
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

cpatters
on 9/6/09 8:55 am - Rockingham County, VA
Thank you Priss.... You are so right, what I need is some support from people who understand. I think the general public are under the conception that once you have the surgery.... you will never have to diet again. You will never gain weight again. You have it easy... NOT!
 It is just so hard for me to find time to go to support meetings with me working every other weekend and my family keeping me busy on the weekends that I am not at work. I never seem to be able to fit it in my schedule.... :-(  Maybe I will make it for this next one! :-) 
Hugs!
Cath

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penny Denny
on 9/6/09 10:10 pm - Collinsville, VA
I would love to do the 5 day test with you. I'll need to start after my bank shift is over on Thursday. I see that you have already started so I don't want to interfer with that. I did try this before and it worked for me. It was a great start to getting back on track.

How did you do on day 1? Best wishes to you.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Kitty Kat
on 9/6/09 11:52 pm - Richmond, VA
Hey Cath, wishing you all best with this. I know its a struggle. I'm working diligently to get back on track myself. Some personal things have needed to be addressed & I've been given the "ok" to get back to business! :) Hugs......
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

cpatters
on 9/7/09 5:56 am - Rockingham County, VA
Thanks Kat. I pray that you get back on track and that your personal things are now getting better.....

Ken Currin
on 9/8/09 11:32 am - South Hill, VA
I have read the 5 DPT info before, but did not see wha the results are suppose to tell you. What is suppose to happen at the end of the 5 days?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views