Crockpot recipes

Donna B.
on 9/5/09 1:23 am - Somewhere in, VA

Hey all.  Saw the thread posted a few days back about favorite fall recipes and thought I'd share a couple of my fav crockpot recipes.

Cube steak w/mushroom gravy

Put cube steak in crockpot with 2 cans of roasted garlic cream of mushroom soup and 2 cans of golden mushroom soup.  Cook on low for about 6 hours or so.  Makes a very tender steak with a creamy mushroom gravy.  My family loves this and there is never leftovers!!

Salsa Chicken

Pour one large jar of salsa (we like Wal Mart's brand - thick and chunky.  Whatever degree of heat you prefer) over four boneless chicken breasts.  Cook on low for about 6-8 hours.  I usually serve this with shredded mexican style cheese on top (I put each plate in the microwave and nuke it for a 1/2 minute or so just to help the cheese melt faster) and a dollop of sour cream.  Sometimes I will fix a Spanish flavored rice to go with it.  The salsa really flavors the chicken and the chicken is so tender!!!  Delish!!!

Life is short ~ dance like no one's watching!!

305/292/167/159
High/Surg/Curr/Goal

lysb
on 9/5/09 5:29 am - Alexandria, VA
thanks donna, i'll try these this week!  lys

prissy25
on 9/5/09 11:39 am - Barboursville, VA
Wow Donna these sound yummy w/  fall coming they will make quick  dinner ideas. Thanks for sharing w/ us! I get tired of the same old stuff and  the salsa chicken sounds way yummy. Have a safe and wonderful Holday weekend. 
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Ann S.
on 9/5/09 12:23 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Hi Donna!  Your timing couldn't be better with the recipe for cubed steak...I was searching the web looking for a recipe other than the usual chicken fried steak with cream gravy.  I have 4 steaks in the fridge now so I'm gonna make yours in the crockpot for tomorrow's dinner.  Thanks, hon!

As for my crockpot recipe...I make my own pulled bbq pork or beef.  I simply put an inexpensive roast in the crock, pour in 4 cups of water mixed with a pkg of Lipton's Beefy-Onion dry soup mix, some garlic powder, & pepper & let it cook all day on low till it's litteraly falling apart.  I then pour off the liquid & reserve it for use in a later dish such as stew, shred the meat & then add enough bbq sauce so the meat isn't dry (I usually add some liquid smoke to the sauce), then put the meat in a shallow baking pan & broil, turning often, to give it that bbq'd look.  Serve over hamburger buns or roll up in a tortilla or just eat it as is!  Yummmm!!!

I also make a habit of saving every little bit of leftover veggies, meat, chicken, whatever, in a bowl in the freezer.  During the winter, once a month, I will dump all the leftovers into the crock, add a couple cans of diced or crushed tomatoes & again the beefy-onion soup mix, & make a delicious EVERYTHING soup!

Bon apetite!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Ms Court
on 9/5/09 11:38 pm - Remington, VA
Yum!  I believe I will be trying that chicken this week also.  I am looking for yummy new crockpot recipes as we will be making a greater use of our crockpot on Sundays this fall.  We have all late soccer games & will need to have our dinner ready to go when we get home. 

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Tina22026
on 9/6/09 7:57 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
These sound delicious and super easy!!!  Thanks for sharing!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Kitty Kat
on 9/6/09 11:48 pm - Richmond, VA
Great ideas! Thanks for sharing. :)
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Kelly T.
on 9/9/09 8:06 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Sounds great!
Kelly
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views