Got to get back on track...

Ken Currin
on 9/7/09 1:12 pm - South Hill, VA
Thanks for all of the advice, I guess I am just at a lost. When I go to the surgeons office, they weigh me, take my blood pressure, move me to another room, PA comes in and ask how everything is going, mention I feel I can eat to much and the answer was "why do I eat that much, was I still hungry, just stop", are you taking your vitamins? Yes, What are you taking, Flintstones and B12 in the mornings, I don't like the fish stuff so I don't take it. And that is pretty much an office visit.

As far as food, I was told, "Low Fat and no sugar in the first 3 ingredients" I try to stick to that.  I don't drink protein shakes, it was never emphasized by docs office.

I was asked about exercise at office visit, said I didn't get much but did ride my bike some but not as much as I would like. I did ride bike about 14 miles yesterday while at the beach, and a few miles the day before but didn't clear my computer to track it.

I know there is no diet food, but I felt like I was eating right. I have not had a carbonated drink, beer or alcohol for 10 months, nothing fried, smaller portions, etc.
Ms Court
on 9/7/09 11:03 pm - Remington, VA
Ken,

Sometimes we do struggle with direction from our programs, other times we have it all down and just go.  Take some of the suggestions that have been given in the thread and go with it.  Make some changes and see where it takes you.

Key items to consider:

vitamins: check with the surgeons office for a list of what you should be taking at your stage, I am sure someone can get that to you.

calories: check with your nutritionist to see what your calorie intake should be, work on getting yourself there, use a tracking system (lots available on line) to help, remember that smaller, more frequent meals are better, protein drinks will help with this.  It will also help keep your metabolism up and keep you satisfied between meals so that you don't feel as hungry at meal time.

water/fluids: make sure you are getting in at least 64 oz a day (water, decaf beverages, milk) more if you are out in the heat or exercising heavily

exercise: definitely important, see what you can do to add more in.

You can do this and we are all right here with you!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views