Getting back on track - Tuesday post

MerMer
on 9/1/09 3:57 am, edited 9/1/09 5:30 am
Day is going great so far.

B - grapes and strawberries, water and vitamins

s - trail mix

l - 1/2 of boston market chicken pot pie; just the insides no crust, tea and calcium

s - ?

D- other 1/2 of pot pie, vitamins and water

vagirl00
on 9/1/09 6:06 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
This beautiful fall weather is making me yearning for the gorgeous autumn days!  Not long now...

Exercise:  Mowing lawn and yard work, possibly an evening walk

Food:

Muscle Milk Light RTD
Protein balls
Salad, soup and a couple of wedges of cheese quesadilla
Protein shake
Greek yogurt, flax meal, a sprinkle of cereal and fresh fruit

Have a good one!
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Tina22026
on 9/1/09 9:37 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
I've got greek yogurt on my shopping list for tomorrow!  l'm going to give it a try - never had it before - never tried flax meal either - what is it exactly?

And, what pray tell are protein balls - l'm curious and interested!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

vagirl00
on 9/1/09 11:26 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Hey, Tina:

I am a big fan of the Greek yogurts.  I have tried many of the ones that are out there, but the one that I like the most is Chobani, which you can get at Giant.  I use the plain and flavor it myself...much less sugar. 

As far as the flaxseed -- again you can get it in a lot of grocery stores around the health food section.  I get the organic ground flaxseed -- it has a nice slightly nutty flavor, and it is a good source of Omega 3s.

Protein balls:  They are a nice little snack that have protein (obviously) in them.  There are a lot of recipes out there, but the one I use is:

1 c. peanut butter
1 c. oatmeal
1 c. chocolate protein powder (I use Unjury)
12 packs of Splenda

I put the peanut butter in a bowl and microwave it for about 45-50 seconds.  I then mix in the other ingredients until mixed.  Form into 1" balls (I use a cookie dough scoop), and then I refrigerate them. 

I can usually get about 18-20 protein balls out of a recipe.  Based on Unjury, Quaker Oats and Jif peanut butter (and Splenda), here is what I figured out for the nutritional information:

Serving size:  1 protein ball
Calories:    106
Fat:  7 grams
Carbs:  6 grams
Protein:  7 grams

Hope that helps!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views