Getting back on track - Tuesday post

Ms Court
on 8/31/09 11:50 pm - Remington, VA
Woohoo what gorgeous weather we are having.  Made for a wonderful walk with my hubby last night and good sleep since we had the windows open & breeze blowing.

Not much planned today, will probably go the the grocery store tonight & need to run some errands today at lunch.  Perhaps a walk again tonight if we are feeling up to it after the grocery store and dinner.

A.M. Protein & cuppas
B - egg mcmuffin (without 1/2 bread)
S - banana & granola bar
L - leftover hamburger pie
S - cheese & crackers
D - not sure yet.

Have a great one!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Kitty Kat
on 9/1/09 1:14 am - Richmond, VA
Good am! Its absolutely GORGEOUS out! Slept with the windows open last pm. What a GREAT day for walking! Tomorrow's weather is looking to shape up the same way. BRING IT! Have been making calls & planning things out along with getting my To Do List items slowly & surely checked off. We are gearing up for K's return to school next week & I'm LOVING the weather. Mom's home & she's doing well so we're thankful.

Cuppas & vits in the am & squash will be involved maybe TWICE in our menu since the season is coming to an end.
B - swiss cheese omelet
S - key lime pie yogurt
L - chicken fajitas
S - protein drink
D - crab legs w/ the insides of some red taters

All best! 

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Ann S.
on 9/1/09 2:28 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
This weather IS gorgeous, isn't it?!!  Ladies, I got on the scale this morning & OMG!!  I KNEW I was carrying around a bunch of water weight!!  I lost 5.5 lbs since YESTERDAY!!!  I took ALL my Rx meds yesterday & have taken my AMs today.  The alarm on my phone WORKS!!  Thanks for idea.  Got my 64 oz water jug going.  I could actually, possibly, MAYBE hit onederland this week if all goes well.  I'm not even gonna focus on that though...if it happens, then ya'll will here me scream from Winchester, but I'm gonna just keep doing what I'm doing.  I talked to my NUT. this morning.  We need to determine if I need to adjust my band (might be too tight) or if I'm not doing my basics correctly, so I'm keeping a 5-day food journal to share with her.

On my agenda for today...lots of family business stuff & errands to take care of.  Did manage to finish another cozi for inventory...it's so pretty!  If I get all my errands done today, then I'm hoping to take advantage of this fab weather & get into my veggie garden tomorrow.

B: Protein shake, cuppa
L: steak, shrooms & onions
S: ??
D: something with chicken or maybe broiled tilapia for me...haven't decided yet, & prolly homegrown green beans or squash. (Katt, how do you fix your squash?)

Have a terrific day, all. 

C...thanks for this thread!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Kitty Kat
on 9/1/09 4:58 am - Richmond, VA
Hey Ann,

I have TONS of ways to fix squash that we enjoy!

1) Squash & oinions steamed with butter,
Drogheria & Alimentari Porcini Mushrooms Mill seasoning & Garlic powder. Steam until tender.

2) We use squash in chicken fajitas (which we had for lunch today). Chicken breasts, green & red peppers, squash, taco seasoning (less spicy), olive oil. 

3) When we bake fish we bake with butter, lemon and add squash on top with onions. Talapia, Rainbow Trout & Flounder is good ones.

4) I love to make homemade soups a lot. I use squash and other veggies along with mainly chicken broth.

***We cut up and freeze veggies to have through the winter. Squash is major!

Sober since 25th Aug 07 

Ann S.
on 9/1/09 10:58 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
wow! that all sounds sooo yummy!  Frozen squash?  Hmmmm.  And I wonder if I could can some?  I'll have to research that one.

Thanks Katt!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Kitty Kat
on 9/1/09 8:09 pm - Richmond, VA
Yes, frozen! We cut it up add the onions for extra flavor and then ziploc freezer bag them so that during the winter we can grab the bag and add to what ever we want or to steam alone.

As for canning squa****s NOT a good suggestion. Here's some info to help you. :)

The USDA and the major universities with food science departments, like UGa, Clemson do not recommend canning summer squashes, including zucchini and yellow squash because squashes are low-acid vegetables and require pressure canning for a known period of time that will destroy the bacteria that cause botulism. Documentation for the previous processing times cannot be found, and reports that are available do not support the old process. Slices or cubes of cooked summer squash will get quite soft and pack tightly into the jars. The amount of squash filled into a jar will affect the heating pattern in that jar. The bottom line is there just are no tested recipes for it.  If you do can using a hand-me-down recipe, you may have no problems... or you may get botulism, which can kill you. It is best to freeze or pickle summer squashes, but they may also be dried.

The best option is to dice & freeze!

Sober since 25th Aug 07 

Ms Court
on 9/1/09 9:52 pm - Remington, VA
Love to grill ours.  Dice them upalong with some peppers, onions, put in a bowl, add a bit of olive oil, sprinkle some dry itialian seasoning on top, put on the lid & shake up to coat.  Put in the grill pan an cook.  (also works to saute on the stove).  Sometimes we saute with just butter.

Here is my fav for zuchinni:

dice up the zuc with onions (garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste), saute, add some tomatoes, cubed velveeta at the end & cook til cheese melts, sprinkle with parmesan.  Yum!!

I know next year when we do our own garden, I will be keeping that freezing idea in mind!!!

**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Tina22026
on 9/1/09 3:01 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Good afternoon all,

Okay l admit it - l'm in a rut and eating the same things! Over and over and etc...   So, l got inspired and went to a couple of websites to get some new recipes to try!  So tomorrow big adventure is to the commissary to get what l need to make a spinach cheese and egg souflee thing.  l'm "eggcited" about the possibities of new foods and ready to try!   So, ms.  court - what's in hamburger pie?  l'm intrigued!  And, Kat...where the heck are you getting all these crab legs?  l'm jealous - l might pick some up tomorrow as well.

So, today  - l continue with my ho hum routine - tomorrow - l cook!

B- 1/2 breakstone cottage cheese w/strawberries
s- protein shake
l- small salad w/feta and olives
s- protein shake
d- small amount of hamburger w/ zuchinni and mash potatoes

l'll let you know if the egg cheese spinach thing works out! 

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Kitty Kat
on 9/1/09 5:00 am - Richmond, VA
When ever crab legs go on sale I'm like a kid in a candy shop! I stock up. Its something VERY easy to steam up & enjoy for all of us. Kroger just had a great sale. :) Its one of the only foods I fight for! :P

Sober since 25th Aug 07 

Ms Court
on 9/1/09 9:54 pm - Remington, VA
brown up ground beef, add some chopped onions (salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste).  put in casserole dish, layer of corn (or mixed veggies), top with mashed potatoes, sprinkle with shredded cheese.  Bake at 350 until cheese melts. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views