Stall

Heide A.
on 8/31/09 1:53 pm - Chantilly, VA
RNY on 02/24/09 with
Hi Everyone! I hope all is well with you. It's late as I post this had a crazy day, had minor surgery on my foot today, well really just my big toe. I had a bad ingrown toe nail, from getting a pedicure, OUCH! but that is not why I am posting. In 6 months I have hit my first really major stall, I knew it would happen, and not worried that I have stopped losing, I have lost 130lbs so far, so that is GREAT, and I do notice inches dropping, since the weight isn't, but I can tell you how bummed I am to get on the scale in the last 2 1/2 weeks and not see the number go down. I have increased my protein and water, so in time I will see my numbers go down on my scale. I know my body is resting it has been super busy in 6 months and is still geared up to shed more pounds, but it wants to give my skin a chance to catch up, before it is off and losing again.

I post this to all the newbies, I'm still kinda one myself, even though having had 5 strictures dilated in 6 months, that make be feel like an oldie. I just want you to know stalls do happen it's a fact of life, but you will start to lose again once your body is rested. Try not to let the scale not moving depress you too much, because some of us are eating during depression ( I AM), do give into old habits, I know it hard since we are so new into our old lives, but fight for the NEW YOU! You fought to get surgery in the first place, keep fighting you will be rewarded in the end....

You all are my greatest inspirations, and I miss out when I don't come here daily and see what you all are doing, and it kicks me in the butt to do more be more cuz you all have and I know I can, I have come this far, and I'm not willing to give up, so thanks for every single post and reply that is here every day, some days they are my lifelines.

Heide aka Rose

364      330      197   175
START  SURGERY  CURRENT GOAL

vagirl00
on 8/31/09 2:43 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Hey Heide!

130 lbs...amazing!!!  Congratulations!

Yes, you are so right...the stalls happen, but it seems during those times we are catching up in other ways, such as inches.  The important thing is to keep doing what you are supposed to do, not let it get to you...stalls do end! 

Thanks for posting this for the newbies and as a reminder to the "oldies!"
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

lysb
on 8/31/09 8:18 pm - Alexandria, VA
Heide - wow you are doing fabulous! you are an inspiration to me!  sorry about your foot surgery, i know your stall will pass!  thanks for posting.  lys

Kitty Kat
on 8/31/09 9:02 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Heide, CONGRATS on 130lbs! That's WONDERFUL! As previously said stalls are normal. Time to change things up. Up protein, change exercise patterns, try something new, change up your eating habits (if possible). Of course contact your nut in your surgeon's office for help as well. All best!
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Tina22026
on 8/31/09 10:00 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Heide,  First off...great post and very motivating!  You are still doing so well even with the 5 strictures - ouch!  Sorry to hear about the big toe - I love pedicures too!  Hope it heals quickly!

l agree that hearing what everyone shares helps kick me in the butt to keep going on days l may not feel like it!   Thank goodness we  have this board and each other!

Hang in there - this stall will be a memory soon!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

dlo2
on 8/31/09 10:30 pm - Brandenburg, KY
I am one week away from surgery and your post is an inspiration.  Thanks for sharing and for the positive attitude.
Debbie
Ann S.
on 9/1/09 2:33 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Debbie, I don't think I've taken the time to welcome you to the best board on OH!!  One more week...are you excited?  Nervous?  Any questions we can help you with??  We're here for you, kiddo!!  We have lots of room on the Loser's Bench...LOL!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Ms Court
on 8/31/09 11:47 pm - Remington, VA
Heidi congrats on your success and thanks for sharing!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ann S.
on 9/1/09 2:37 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Heide, such a good post!  Honest, informative, encouraging...I love these kinds of post.  I have no doubt that you will roll through this stall.  And 130 lbs lost...wow, that just blows my mind!  That's a person!!  I'm very proud of you, but then you know that already!!  Keep up the good work & update often...you know I live vicariously through each of you...LOL!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

caroline2622
on 9/1/09 6:18 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

Congratulations Heide!   Know you have gone thru alot these 6 months.  

I too am in a stall for the 1st time.    I have been working out and this may be part of it.   Personal Trainer advised this is quite common when 1st working out and suggested adding back my evening protein drink.  

Keep up to great work.  Keep us updated on your progress.  

Caroline

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views