Rough Day

Brenda E.
on 8/31/09 7:49 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
It has been a rough day for me and now I feel exhausted both physically and emotionally.  I was supposed to have the IVC filter removed today that they put in in case of blood clots right before surgery.  Well I guess it wasnt meant to be today.  I checked in at 9 am and at noon they told me that we would have to reschedule after they had me hooked up to oxygen, an IV, and heart monitors because the room that holds all the computers had the AC go out and they were afraid to overheat the computers.  OK, I do understand these things happen.  But they left me laying on this little table flat on my back with no room to move and inch in the freezing cold for a little over an hour.  They were very nice about it and kept bringing me warm blankets but my toes and fingers felt like ice when I was allowed to leave. 

After we left my husband took me to Chilis for lunch.  I ordered the guiltless grilled chicken breast and veggies.  I dont know if it was too dry, if I ate too fast, if I didnt chew good enough but it felt like it was stuck in my chest forever!!  OMG that hurt!  It wouldnt come up or go down.  Finally it worked itself out after about an hour and a half.  Not real sure what was going on but I hope it never happens again!

Tina22026
on 8/31/09 7:56 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
I'm so sorry you had a rough day Brenda and then on top of it have food stuck!   That would wear any of us out for sure!   l still can't eat chicken very much unless it's been stewed or in a crockpot and then only 1/2 the time.  lt's a tough meat for me for some reason.   l actually do better with beef but not a lot of it.  

Hang in there gal and get some rest!   When do you go back?

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Brenda E.
on 8/31/09 8:01 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I was rescheduled for next Tuesday Sept. 8th. at 10 am. 
dlo2
on 8/31/09 8:22 am - Brandenburg, KY
Hi Brenda, Sorry to hear about you day.  That stinks.  I bet you had to fast and everything.  I guess there are just some things they can't control.  Since they resheculed you we will be in the hospital on the same day.    Try to enjoy what's left of your day.  Tomorrow will be better
Brenda E.
on 8/31/09 9:44 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
What time is your surgery?  Maybe I can stop by and see you if you would like while I am there. 
dlo2
on 8/31/09 10:46 am - Brandenburg, KY
Brenda I am the second surgery that morning.  I believe they said 11:40.  I would love to have you stop by if you get the chance. 
lysb
on 8/31/09 8:27 am - Alexandria, VA
Brenda - so sorry for what you had to go through today, but i think you still have a good attitude about the whole thing!  so sorry the food got stuck, that rots, (((hugs)))  lys

vagirl00
on 8/31/09 9:06 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
So sorry the day was a rough one, Brenda.  Hopefully next week will be a much better experience for you.

As far as the food:  I have had food get stuck multiple times over the years.  The first time it happened, it really scared me, and I looked and looked and looked online about how to deal with it because the papaya enzyme was making no difference.  What I found (and how I deal with it to this day if it happens) is to drink some hot tea.  Not scalding hot, and I don't "down it," but a warm/hot tea that I sip and sip and sip.  It has worked well for me.  It is not an immediate correction to the problem, but it does help and is much better, in my opinion, than waiting for the food to move.

Hope that helps!
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Brenda E.
on 8/31/09 9:45 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Thanks ladies, you all are wonderful!!  I would be lost without you all.

I will definately try the tea next time Cindy.  I hope there is no next time but I am sure this process isnt going to go as smoothly the rest of my life as it has this first month!!
vagirl00
on 8/31/09 12:06 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
It may go just fine....it's all just a learning process, and each of us is different.  Keep up the great work, and I hope you have a better day tomorrow!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views