New Me

meantine
on 8/30/09 9:27 pm
Who would have thought a year ago at almost 300 pounds that today I woud be able to run like I do.  I posted new pictures and I thank I am happy at this size.  I am in a size 10 jeans and love it.  I do want to lose about 10 pounds but that isn't enough to make me change sizes.
I have a new me and am still trying to get use to it.  There are times I walk pass a mirror or a store window and I have to look twice just to make sure it is me.
I have learned in the last year that you still have to eat and exercise to lose the weight.  I know a lot of us seem to thank that the smaller amount that we eat the more pounds we get rid of. But  our bodies don't work like that.  It might work for a short time but not for the long time.  It was hard to figure out that our bodies will hold on to the extra by going into a starvation mode if we don't take in some calories.
I hope everyone *****ads this will let me know something that they have learned since there surgery.
  Take Care and remember the more we learn the better we become,
               Good luck to everyone,
                       Christine
lysb
on 8/30/09 9:45 pm - Alexandria, VA
Christine - how awesome! i'm so very happy for you! thanks for sharing with all of us. lys

Ms Court
on 8/30/09 10:22 pm - Remington, VA
Great job Christine!!!!  What a wonderful way to start our Monday, with your encouraging story!  Keep it up!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Kitty Kat
on 8/30/09 10:32 pm - Richmond, VA
Christine, you're doing wonderfully. I definitely know about eating & drinking to get the lbs off. My issue before surgery was not eating enough and of course not right. Some of those habits have crept back in & I'm working hard once again to fix that. Work in progress here! Knowledge is power for sure! Thanks for sharing.

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Tina22026
on 8/30/09 11:16 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Christine you look so wonderful...totally an inspiration to me!  You have really worked hard and deserve all the rewards!  And, a size 10 pair of jeans!  WOOHOO!!  Awesome job!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

msdawnie
on 8/31/09 1:34 am - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
   congratulations christine!! 

i am four years out, i initially lost 123 pounds and went from size 22 to a size 10, some 8's.  in the last 3 years, ive managed to put 29 pounds back on.   i went through some medical issues (iron deficiency anemia) and am back on the road to recovery ..the hardest part now is getting back on track.

one thing i have learned since having the surgery is ...we have a tool..if the tool is not used over time, it will not work as well as it did when it was used on a regular basis.  i have learned that even though ive had bypass surgery, i still have to work at losing weight everyday, this is and was not a quick fix...it is a lifelong change. 

keep up the good work and be proud!

hugs,   dawn 

High-291/Low-168/Goal-175/Current-184

Ann S.
on 8/31/09 3:20 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Very well put, Dawn.  Good reminder for us all & good info for the newbies.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Ann S.
on 8/31/09 3:22 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Christine, this is a wonderful post.  I look forward to the day when I can say all those things about myself too.  It's coming...just around the corner.  Thanks for being so inspirational!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

vagirl00
on 8/31/09 8:33 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Hi, Christine: 

First, congratulations on doing so well! 

I am going to be celebrating my two year "surgiversary" next month (September) and I can tell you what I have learned in those two years, especially the last one since starting "maintenance."  EXERCISE.  I was very devoted to my exercise regime for about a year and a half (maybe a little longer), but over the last few months, I haven't been able to keep up with it like I had been, and boy can I tell the difference! 

Maintenance isn't like the honeymoon period...it is the time when you are really starting the work of getting whatever else off you want AND finding out what it is you have to do to maintain the weight loss and new lifestyle.  Though I don't eat much differently than I did when I was in the honeymoon phase, the fact that I am not burning off those extra calories like I was is making a difference.  I knew that there was a possibility I would experience some "bounce back weight" once I reached a certain level, but now I am seeing my body change...the direct result of not working out. 

Sooo....I am getting back to basics with it.   I am walkingand I am trying yoga next week....I have heard it is a great workout in many ways, so I am excited to find out what it is all about.  I'm also searching for other programs that will make the exercise fun AND beneficial for me.  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

meantine
on 9/3/09 5:51 am
Thank you to all who commented on my post.  I have learned a lot from your comments.  Everyone on here are such a great support.  You all mean so much to me and thank you again for all the support.
                     Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views