MAJOR CONFESSION

Brenda E.
on 8/30/09 1:31 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I am terrible about taking pills also!  Since my surgery though and having to remember more and more with the vitamins and at first the shots I got a journal.  I write down everything that goes into my mouth (including water to keep track of ounces) and what time I took my pills.  I keep my journal by my computer because like you I get on here and just forget everything else.  I am finding that if I dont keep my water bottle in my hand I while I am sitting and watching tv or something I do better than if I sit it down.  Still having a hard time getting water in but it is getting better.
Ann S.
on 8/30/09 8:03 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
And this is why I love you guys so much!!  Confessing my sins to my "family" here serves two purposes for me.  One, it forces me to take ownership & be accountable for my downfalls...no excuses or blaming someone else, and two, I know that ya'll will be truthful & helpful with.  And yes, even idle threats may work sometimes (Jen, Cindy!! lol).

Soooo, I've made this a new goal...starting MONDAY, my goal is to take ALL my meds every day.  I will try out ya'lls suggestions...keeping pills where I spend most of my day AND I've already set alarms on my phone & they work.  I have a little barking dog that nags at me until I shut him up!

The water isn't an issue for me other than even though I have a 64-oz jug, I need to drink two of those because of the ice.  But that's a doable thing.  It's just these past few days that I slacked off.  I've been burning the midnight oil working on my web store or making product that I just haven't been paying attention. But Katt's right & so are the rest of you...I HAVE to do this for me.

You know what I think part of the pill thing is?  Goes back to my childhood, I think.  I talked this issue over with one of my sisters & she  pointed it out to me.  You see, both my Mom & my G'ma were basically hypochondriacs & they each had their own medicine STORE!!  They were so damned dependent on them.  My Mom, I discovered, was taking stuff that she didn't even know what they were for, but oh my God, she knew she had to have them!!  She had a fit when I called the pharmacy to find out what the heck all this stuff was supposed to be for.  She was taking nearly 30 pills a day & only need 6 of 'em!!  Can you imagine??  But she came unglued when I took all the others away.  I guess I'm just afraid that I will become that way.  I HATE better living through chemistry...I really do.  With the help of wl & my pcp, I've gone from needing to take 12 Rx  pills down to 6 Rx pills, then add multi-vitamin, so 7 ain't 13!

Speaking of vitamin pills...my PCP has me on a Rx Vitamin D pill that is the bomb.  Maybe ya'll already know about this, but I'll mention it anyway for those that don't.  You need to get a Rx for it, but you only take 1 pill per week!  Here's what it says on my label:

Vitamin D 50,000IU Cap PLIVA  Generic>Ergocalciferol

It cannot be chewed or crushed but the pill is small enough that even I can take it without it getting stuck.  I wish ALL my Rx pills were once a week!

So, thank you all for lending your support & giving me great suggestions.  You're the best!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

vagirl00
on 8/30/09 10:57 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Who says it's an idle threat???  LOL  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

rduck8
on 8/30/09 11:49 pm
RNY on 03/17/09 with
Well to tell the truth, I take all of my vitamins everyday, now to the water wellllll, I hate to drink anything most days I forget to even drink, I get so weak and then have to drink only because I know that my body is craving water. I do try to drink and get in all of my protein, or I would really feel bad. But so much good advice on how to drink more water, my husband will be happy to know I can do this.
Ruby
Ann S.
on 8/31/09 2:37 am - Middletown, VA
Ruby, I'm so tickled to see you're back with us!!  Now, about this water thing...come on girl...let's do this together.  I'll take my pills & you get in let's say 32 oz per day this week.  We'll start out slow, ok?  For THIS WEEK, 32 oz.  Can you do that?  And come to the daily check in & let us know how you're doing with it.  I'm going there right now.

COME ON, RUBY!!  We can do this!!

Hugs!
Ann

Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Ann S.
on 8/31/09 2:33 am, edited 8/31/09 2:33 am - Middletown, VA
To Cindy:

Ohhhh, so you meant it, eh?  Ok, "Blanche"!  Bring it on, baby!  I DARE you to drive all the way here to smack me!! LOL

A love tap, right?  Or are ya gonna ring my ears???

Hugs!
Ann

vagirl00
on 8/31/09 7:38 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Hahaha....never hit/smack!!!  I said, "shake" -- just enough to get your attention, my friend!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views