MAJOR CONFESSION

Ann S.
on 8/28/09 2:20 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
I posted this on the Friday thread, but decided that maybe I should bring it up here, fresh.  I suspect others are having or have had this same problem.  At any rate, I need ya'lls feedback/help.

Didn't take any of my meds & haven't drank enough water today.  I wish I could figure out WHY I seem to have this mental block when it comes to the damned pills!  It used to be that I was afraid I would yak 'em all back up or they'd get stuck...that used to be a problem.  But I've managed, with the help of my PCP, to weedle 'em down to a workable size so no more yakking.

I KNOW I need them, so why do I resist?  I have NOOOOO clue.  As for lack of liquids, I just simply get busy on this stupid machine & forget.  I've got a fresh 64-oz container of water now & will drink as much as I can tonight & fini**** off tomorrow morning.  I'm not so concerned about the water issue because I really am pretty good about that.  My BIGGEST concern is the pills issue.

So, any suggestions or feedback?  If my PCP knew, he'd KILL ME!!  I'm quite frustrated & angry at myself.  HELP!!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

melanie M.
on 8/28/09 2:50 pm - Hopewell, VA
Ann,

I dont know what to say about the pills as I can confess and state I havent taken pills since 1 month out(9months or so ago). Im bad about them too..I know what you saying"you think!!"  haha 

Anyways  just wanted to stop by..when we getting together again? I miss seeing everyone!!
Ann S.
on 8/28/09 3:19 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Ahhhh, so I'm NOT the only one with this problem!  I didn't think so, but I appreciate your fessing up with me. 

As to when are we getting together again...well, funny you should mention that.  A few of us try to get together at least once a month up here for lunch...in Manassas since 2 of the gals work there.  Usually it's me, Cindy, Heide, Melissa, & sometimes Courtney.  Anyone is invited to join us.  I usually try to plan the luncheons the same day that I make my pilgrimage to "the city" to see Dr. Mo, but I don't see why I couldn't just come for the sake of having lunch with my girlies.  Would you be willing to make the pilgrimage during the week?  I'm afraid from now until mid November, weekend luncheons won't work for me...our cavalry committments are heavy.  I usually post the day, time, & place when we're getting together so watch for it.  We would sooooo love to have you join us!  I miss you too!!

P S...have you replaced your dead plant in your flowerpot yet? LOL

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

melanie M.
on 8/28/09 4:13 pm - Hopewell, VA
That might actually work..Im always up for a road trip..it takes me about 2hrs to get to Manassas from here but would be worth it!!

My dead plant..hhhmmm..another confession-im scared i'll kill another one...lol   so no i havent replaced it but proudly displaying the pot Cindy made me
Kitty Kat
on 8/29/09 10:24 am, edited 8/29/09 10:24 am - Richmond, VA
Good pm Ann,

To some this may seem dramatic. To me its exactly what I need & tell myself. I WILL DIE WITHOUT WATER & VITAMINS. I have had some serious health issues (and I'm NOT alone) because of either lack of taking vitamins or not taking the appropriate vitamins. We ALL know what dehydration can do to us. Of course for each person its different/case by case in what vitamins we are to take.

I've dealt with extremely low iron levels, low Vitamin D levels & low calcium levels. All cause very serious issues and makes us feel like crap! I know you have some siginificant health related medications you have to take aside from vitamins. Think of ALL your meds as CRITICAL to YOUR SURVIVAL. We wouldn't dare go without starve our children because we know how important good nutrition for them to grow from is. So WHY we would want to deprive ourselves of the things that keep us alive? 

Make reminders, post notes, set an alarm as a reminder, put a pill box next to something you do EVERY single day, set a cell phone reminder to go off to a favorite tune, send yourself a daily email reminder on the calendar of your choice. MEDS ARE VITAL = LIFE. Something that helps me is that the buggas have specific needs and we always make a game out of making sure we get in what we need. They get their vits, I get mine & its really something that teaches them while providing for us all.

Did you take them today?

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

vagirl00
on 8/29/09 11:27 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
I can't say a whole lot about the fluids...I have always (even preop) had a hard time getting all of them in...I am just not one of those people who drinks water or anything else a lot.  I can tell that I get dehydrated ... and others have noticed as well.  BUT I am consciously pushing myself to get it all in, because I KNOW in my heart of hearts how important it is.  I have to make myself do this...it is important.

As far as the meds -- I am religious about my prescriptions and my vitamins.  I have set it up to a point where there is a "routine" during the day -- I have a little pill carrier that has everything in it, and I am "downing" them all day long.  It is the only thing that works for me.  I even have my iron by my bed so I can take it when I first wake up, allowing me the two hours I need before taking everything else.

You know how important your meds are, Ann.  Please take them -- or I am going to come over there and shake you! :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

caroline2622
on 8/29/09 11:44 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

I place my vitamin box next to my protien shaker.  Every morning take my vitamins with water then do my shake for the drive to work.    

Recently Dr Mo's Office gave me a sample of the Bariatric Advantage Lemon chew Calcium Citrate.   Very good.   I fight taking the calcuim chews or swallowing the regular pills.   The chew it like taking a goodie...   At least now I am getting my calcuim in.

We will see Monday bow I am doing.  Sure OBGYN appt will order a bone scan.  

I have become bored with chewable vitamins.   Decided to go back to swallowing regular vitamins once I have used up my currently supply.  

I must must work harder at getting my liquids in.   Chatted with personal training at a gym I am visiting in Wilmington NC today.   He encouraged me the put back one of my protien drinks back in my diet.   I eliminated my evening shake.   He is also not happy at the 1000 calorie diet.   I have been in a stall the last 3 months working out ......  He feels that I need to up my protien to 120 grams and hike up my calorie intake...   I will be chatting with my nutritionist ....   Hard to deal with eating more when I just got to learning to eat less. 

Thank you Anne for reminding us all that we have to keep on keeping.    

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
prissy25
on 8/29/09 11:57 am - Barboursville, VA
Ann it's very important to get those meds and vit. in even if there chewables so ask the Dr for chewables or liquids so your getting them in some how. Don't not,  take them like Kat said there are to many problems to occur been there done that  w/ the vit. d dificancy and low iron and potassium  and there no fun going in w/ the IV's.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Jen R.
on 8/29/09 2:39 pm - VA

OK Ann, listen up.

I'll come in with my own calvary and kick you @ss if you don't take your pills.

This is what I want you to try: Set alarms! Use your computer calendar, your kitchen timer, you cell phone alarm. Put your pills out with say, the kitchen timer. If you set multiple timers, you will need to stop doing whatever you are currently doing to shut them off.

When this pill issue is under control, we will work on the fluids.

hugs

Jen      

Ms Court
on 8/29/09 10:50 pm - Remington, VA
I struggle with both also for different reasons.  With my fluids it is more of just an issue of I am not a big drinker so I struggle to get it all in.  I don't get horribly dehydrated but I know it does effect me.  This is one where I am working harder right now.  Try to make sure I always have something with me and I also try to shake up my options.  I dislike plain water so crystal light is a big friend of mine.  I have found myself getting pretty tired of that so I have also been doing a lot of decaf tea with splenda lately.  I keep my crystal light to go at work and make a pitcher of decaf tea (unsweet so others can use it with whatever sweetner they desire).  At home there is always a pitcher of both.  It actually works well with the girlies too cause they like the crystal light and we do not buy sodas or junk drinks except for special occasions or for an treat.

Vitamins are difficult for me too.  With my regimen I do my B12 in the a.m. and take my multi vitamin & calcium with my breakfast & lunch.  In order to help me remember to get them each day, the bottles sit right next to the coffee pot where I can grab them as I get my cup to go.  This also helps my hubby remember his since he does the same thing.  I do try to keep extra in my desk at work and in my purse for those days I forget.  Someone recently suggested to me to pack the whole weeks worth in a pill box and throw those in the purse then they will always be with me.  Setting an alarm to remember them is a good idea also.  Now the other part of this problem is that I don't always have a drink right by me when eat (no drinking and eating at the same time) so I get wrapped up in work and don't grab one and then forget until it is too late, or I feel like I have eaten too much and can't get the vitamins in.  My trick to this is trying to remember to either grab a drink first thing and set it on my desk or grab one when I get my breakfast so I know it is there.  Also I try to take the vitamins in the middle of my meal so I don't get too full.  At night is my iron right before bed, a lot of times I would forget and be in bed when I remembered and not feel like getting up, my fix, put the iron in the bathroom and it is now part of my routine when I brush my teeth.  It is working great!

Hope you find some ideas that help and you start getting all those much needed vitamins/meds in. 

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views