Appetite

MerMer
on 8/27/09 6:41 am, edited 8/27/09 12:58 pm
Hello,<br />
<br />
Just wondering how long was it befor you got your appetite back after surgery. I never feel hungry. I just try to remember to eat at least something every few hours and sip all day. <br />
<br />
Should I be feeling hungry? My surgeon said it will come back gradually.

Tina22026
on 8/27/09 8:21 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Hi Mary,

l'm sure we're all different but for me - it is just now happening at 7 1/2 months out.   I am so regimented on when l take my vitamins, eat meals and eat snacks that l am like you - don't feel hungry.    But,  every once in  a while l get that feeling that "hey l'm hungry".   But, it has been very very gradual and usually if it does happen - it's close to my meal or snack time anyway.

Also wanted you to know that l league bowl too!  But it's Thurs. mornings at Dale City!  We start after labor day - can't wait.  l'm sure l'll suck the first few weeks but l do have fun! LOL

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Melissa N.
on 8/27/09 8:58 am - Stafford, VA
It may never come back.  I am about 14 months out and it comes in waves.  There are times I feel like I can eat anything not nailed down, but usually, I am not usually hungry unless it has been a long time since I ate.  Feeling  hungrey should not be a cue for you to eat.  If you feel hungry it usually means it has been to long since you ate and your body is deficent.  That is also when you will tend to over eat or not choose the best food choices.  If you keep a scheduled time to eat you will maintain your blood sugar levels and energy level, you will eat the right foods and protions and maintain a healthy weigh loss.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

vagirl00
on 8/27/09 10:24 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
At almost two years out, it is only occasionally that I really FEEL hungry.  The important thing, as others have said, is to make sure you are eating regularly. 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

MerMer
on 8/27/09 1:02 pm

Hello, thanks to all for the comments. I don't think I want my appetite to come back. I like it better this way, cause like you all said it causes me to be more aware of the food choioces that I make. So far I have been making great food choices. More healthy food choices.

Kitty Kat
on 8/27/09 7:50 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am,

I'm nearing 7 years post op and I still have more days than not where I'm NOT feeling hungry. At lot of times when I DO feel hungry its because I'm not getting in enough fluids or I've skipped a meal which is NOT a good idea. Its good to try and plan your days if possible so that you allow enough time to eat & drink and digest. The post here Courtney does is really helpful. Its breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. My snacks are always light to begin with and I have to fight to get them in. I purposely get in my protein at my main meals. Then I focus on other things (veggies & fruits). At times, I do supplement with a protein shake if I'm on the go or jam packed with so much I would rather not eat badly.

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Ms Court
on 8/27/09 9:53 pm - Remington, VA
According to my nutritionist it varies with each person.  I got mine back at about 2 months out of surgery.  Since I pretty much stay on a schedule it doesn't effect me too much.  I will say that the week before my period I seem to starve and eat constantly. 

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views