Favorite Protein PUNCH - Poll

Kitty Kat
on 8/26/09 9:06 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am ya'll,

Thought I would try and provoke some great thinkers by asking:

What's YOUR favorite snack(s), meal(s) or drink(s) that packs a protein PUNCH??

Please include what it is, the recipe if possible and feel free to share 2 or 3 a person so that we can all learn something new, interesting and different to try.

Here are a couple from me to get things rolling. :) 

Chili

1 bag of Morning Star meat or 1lb of 93/7 lean ground beef
1 can of pinto beans
1 packet of McCormick chili powder
1 can of diced/flavored tomatoes (usually mild chili ones)
1 can of corn for color and flavor (no real nutritional value)

Mix all ingredients in a pot and let it get nice and toasty. **I will double the above if I'm simmering in the crockpot for a pm meal. I add a touch of water when its in the crockpot (which most is absorbed into it all) to keep things moist.

Ham, Turkey & Provolone

For a quick snack I love to take a couple slices of ham or turkey (ham is not really a great friend to Drucilla at times) and wrap a couple slices of provolone cheese around them.

Seafood

I have really been getting into seafood a lot more in recent years.

I bake all my fish and add lots of spices to make things taste great not to mention the protein PUNCH a lot of seafood can give. I enjoy catfish, flounder, talapia, crab legs, crab cakes (these can be baked and taste DEEEEELISH) and at times some rainbow trout. To mix things up I add cajun seasonings, old bay and all are baked in butter and lemon.

So, if you would share yours with us! 

Thanks & all best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Jen R.
on 8/26/09 9:49 pm - VA
I really like Greek yogurt. I get one from BJ's wholesale club but cannot think of the name right now. It does have 20 g of protein 0 fat.

Trader Joe has a Chile Lime Chicken Burger it's moist and goes down easily.
Unless chicken breasts are cooked in the crock pot, pouchy has decided she just will not keep it down.

Jen      

Ms Court
on 8/26/09 11:34 pm - Remington, VA
Well I love my protein smoothies.  I throw in my scoop of protein powder (chocolate) and a big spoonful of peanut butter, 8 oz. of milk, mix it in the bullet and go.  Yum!!

A frozen protein treat recipe I got but have never tried.

1 box sugar free jello chocolate fudge pudding (can substitute any sugar free pudding flavor) 2 ½ (or 3) C. fat free milk 4 scoops Unjury (or any brand) unflavored (or flavored if you prefer) protein powder 4 Ziploc disposable round containers w/ lids (1 cup size)   Put pudding, milk and Unjury in blender. Mix well. Immediately pour even portions into the 4 containers. Cover. Freeze. Pull out of freezer. Let sit for about an hour and enjoy!   I do this once a week and normally make 16 containers at one time.

We have been doing more with fish lately too.  We grill ours.  Some seasonings that we like, lemon pepper, italian seasoning, salt & pepper.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

prissy25
on 8/27/09 1:57 am - Barboursville, VA
OMG Kat you need to put that  stuff on here you brought to the Picnic that stuff was the bomb!!!!!!!!!! Chili Chicken something. Id have to say that was my favorite meal Ive had in a loooonnnngg time. Other than any kind of shrimp which I do w/ wraps and melt  sometype of cheese add cut up tomato's and if Im in the mood lettuce an a lil onion.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views