OT: Clothes

Heide A.
on 8/26/09 10:51 am - Chantilly, VA
RNY on 02/24/09 with
Does anyone here know of any good thrift stores to look in for clothes, I am so desperate for clothes, I have one pair of jeans that fit me, a few tops, and will be out of them soon. The thrift stores around me suck, the clothes that fit me are soooooooooooooo dated, and expensive, I am on a very and I do mean very fixed budget, so any help would be great.
364      330      197   175
START  SURGERY  CURRENT GOAL

msdawnie
on 8/26/09 1:01 pm - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
You may want to check out local Good Will stores.  I always find bargains there :)

High-291/Low-168/Goal-175/Current-184

Kitty Kat
on 8/26/09 7:58 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Heide,

What sizes and types are things are you looking for? Some folks here may have things they can kindly pass along. In addition, as already suggested try Goodwill & even Craigslist.

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Christina R.
on 8/26/09 9:40 pm - Reston, VA
There is a really big Salvation Army in Manassas....it's on Rt. 234. Check there...I've not been there in ages.

Christina
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass - it is about learning how to dance in the rain." - Unknown
"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance." - Unknown

Tina22026
on 8/26/09 10:37 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Ugh - l feel your pain sister!   Right now l only have a few tops, one pair of capri jeans and a pair of shorts!  How sad - l have more but they look so baggy on me that l feel like a frump and a tightwad.  Everytime l go to walmart or any store - l go for clearance to try and find a piece or two because before l know it - it doesn't fit anymore!   Sucks! (But in a good way 'cause we're getting smaller).

l agree with all the other posts and just keep looking - announce sizes you're looking for maybe someone here can help too!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Ms Court
on 8/26/09 11:14 pm, edited 8/26/09 11:14 pm - Remington, VA
The new Salvation Army store in Manassas is fabulous and right down the road from you.  It is on Ballsford Rd. right behind the Walmart off of 66.  It is huge and has so much.  I always find something when I am in there and feel the prices are pretty reasonable.  Give it a try.  I do hit the Goodwill in Manassas & the Community thrift store some also, they are not as big or as well kept and it is kind of hit or miss when I go.  Hope you find some stuff to get you through.  Try clearance racks too.  Target, Peebles, Kohls and JCPenny's are some of my favorites to hit.  Also I recently got some great deals at ROSS and TJ Maxx.  Pants of the clearance rack for 2.49 and 5.99, Gloria Vanderbuilts & Dockers. 

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

rduck8
on 8/26/09 11:37 pm
RNY on 03/17/09 with
What size r u in as of now I do have some 16&14 not to much I have some really nice dress suites. I just gave away most of my closet 18-12 I kept a few things out. Now I need to go shopping does anyone know of a good place in Stafford or Fredericksburg. Maybe we can all get together and go thrift shopping.
Ruby
Melissa N.
on 8/27/09 12:50 am - Stafford, VA
Ruby.  Ross is GREAT!!  they have pretty great prices there.  ANd Kohls.  They are in the Stafford Market place where Target is.

Heide, what size are you in.  I may have a couple of pieces I can pass on.  I have pretty stablized in size.  i am about 12/14 now.  I may have some 18s and a couple of 16s in pants.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views