Endometrial Ablasion

msdawnie
on 8/26/09 12:37 pm - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
hi guys! 

i know i havent been around here much...there's been alot going on!  In Feb/March, I was diagnosed with Iron Deficiency Anemia.  I had to endure 17 infusions of iron (once to twice weekly intraveneously) for the last couple months.  I am doing better, thank God, I was almost to the point of a blood transfusion. Slowly these treatments have built my iron and blood volume levels back up, but seems I cant keep my reserves up. Ive been ordered to have an Endometrial Ablasion procedure done to stop heavy menstral periods (severe blood loss) in hopes to keep my iron and blood volume levels normal. 
Has anyone had to have this procedure done?  How is the recovery time? I have my pre-op exam on Friday to find out more information, but like to hear anyone's experiences/thoughts on this subject.

Thanks in advance

Hugs,  dawn  :)

High-291/Low-168/Goal-175/Current-184

Heide A.
on 8/26/09 1:30 pm - Chantilly, VA
RNY on 02/24/09 with
Dawn, Hi I hope my info ill be helpful. I have had the ablasion. I had it done 4 yrs ago, it was the best choice at the time for me. I have since had a hysterectomy (my Choice). I had a really messed up cycle, I would skip if for 3 or 4 months and then get it for the whole month, and then maybe I would skip it again for a month or more, or it could come again the next month. It was awful....I never knew when I would get it, and when I did it was like a dam broke. I went in and had the ablasion, it was very simple.. I was in and out of the hospital in about an hour. I was down for the rest of the day because I was drowsy. The following day I had some light and I do mean light spotting, and some cramps, nothing compared to my regular cycle cramps. Then I was find the second day. I was told that if I had the ablasion done that I would not be able to have anymore kids, which was fine for me, since I was 37 , and had a 2 yr old at the time. The reason I went on to have the hysterectomy was that 8 months after my ablasion I started to bleed again like before, my doc said that we could do it again but he could say that in 8 months I would bleed again, so I opted for a vaginal hysterectomy, that didn't happen, the doc ran into complications and cut me, so I now have a mid-line scar. Sorry I probably gave you more info than you or anyone else needed, but once I got going it all just came out. I hope this helps. If you like I would be willing to give you my number if you wanted to chat and I could give you more info, or just support.

Heide

364      330      197   175
START  SURGERY  CURRENT GOAL

Kitty Kat
on 8/26/09 8:09 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am,

You've got a personal message. :)

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Ms Court
on 8/26/09 11:18 pm - Remington, VA
Dawn, no experience in this department so I just wanted to drop by & say that your are in my thoughts & prayers.

Are you taking any iron pills?  I take the Vitron C and it helps a lot with my absorbtion. 

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views