Is there anything I can take???

Brenda E.
on 8/25/09 11:46 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Started my period yesterday and cramping horribly today.  Is there anything I can take for cramps or do I just need to put on a brave face and get through it?

Thanks in advance!
MerMer
on 8/26/09 12:21 am
Hey Brenda,

The only thing my doctor lets me take for pain; headache or cramps is extra strength tylenol. Hope this helps.
Brenda E.
on 8/26/09 12:24 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Thanks!  After I posted this I did call the surgeons office and now waiting for the nurse to call me back to see what I can take.  I have heard exercise is supposed to help but it sure didnt with me today!!!   May just have to grin and bear it. 
dlo2
on 8/26/09 12:29 am - Brandenburg, KY
Hi Brenda,  I can't help you with the cramps but I do have a question for you.  My surgery is two weeks away and I was wondering what you took to the hospital with you.  I have seen many suggestions, but since you just had surgery I thought you might be able to give me up to date advice.  How have you been, our you still glad you had the surgery.  The last post I saw said you had lost 50lbs.  That is fantastic.  How hard is it adjusting to the new eating life style.  I am sorry I said I had one question but I keep adding more.  If you have time I would love to talk to you about your experience.  Thanks so much
Debbie
Ann S.
on 8/26/09 3:40 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Hey Debbie!  I just wanted to welcome you to the VA Board.  You've come to the right place.  And never appologize for asking questions, hon.  That's what we're here for.  Since I'm a bander, I'm gonna let Brenda answer your questions.  But you keep asking them...all you want.  You are about to embark on an amazing journey & we're all here to help you along.  And don't forget to tell us about your WOW moments too.  We LOVE to celebrate with each other.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Ms Court
on 8/26/09 12:43 am - Remington, VA

I think Tylenol is the only thing we are allowed to take.  It helps to keep it right at the 4 hours so that it doesn't have a chance to wear off.  If you are at home, heating pads and massages help (I have my hubby rub my pelvis & lower back depending on where the cramps are, just don't tell him I revealed that to you).  Just so you are forwarned, this may be what you have to grin & bear for all your periods.  I was not a cramper before surgery but am one now and I absolutely hate it.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Kitty Kat
on 8/26/09 12:58 am - Richmond, VA
Good am Brenda,

Glad you called your surgeon's office. Most likely you'll be told what others here have said: Extra Strength Tylenol. A few others things you might try are uping your fluids intake & using a heating pad. Hope you get to feeling better ASAP.

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Ann S.
on 8/26/09 3:43 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Hi Brenda!  I'm sorry you're having so much discomfort.  I only have memories of such things thanks to hysterectomy many years ago.  Let us know what your wl team tells you...could be helpful to others.  You'll feel better soon.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Brenda E.
on 8/30/09 1:34 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I finally heard back from my surgeons office the following day.  The nurse told me NOT to take Tylenol but to take Motrin or Ibuprofen.  This didnt sound right to me so I never took anything!  I have a checkup with my surgeon this week so I will ask him when I go in for next month. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views