Are there are Sleeve Surgeries in VA

lmr3992
on 8/24/09 9:49 am - Mechanicsville, VA
Good evening.  My name is Laurie.  Is there anyone here in Virginia who has had the sleeve performed.  I live in Mechanicsville just outside of Richmond.  I am looking to find a support group or just someone to compare notes.  I hope to have my surgery by the end of Sept.  Thanks
Laurie
Enjoying my life with my band.

caroline2622
on 8/24/09 11:04 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

I am in No VA      Had my surgery with Dr Moazzez at Fair Oaks Hospital ...   Paid by BCBS Federal        Dr Mo has a great reputation as a General Surgeon and Bariatric Surgeon.   Fair Oaks is a superior hospital with great nutritionist.

You are welcome to keep in touch with me.    I am extremely happy with my sleeve.  

Caroline

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Kitty Kat
on 8/24/09 8:12 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Laurie,

I've not had the Sleeve performed. I had RNY in 03. I wanted to suggest in addition to the wonderful folks here on the VA Board the Sleeve forum as well. Click Forums, Surgical Forums then the Sleeve board is the last one on the bottom. I would think you can learn some things there as well as here.

All best on your upcoming surgery!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

prissy25
on 8/24/09 9:35 pm - Barboursville, VA
Laurie welcome to the VA Board and good luck with your upcoming surgery, I dont know alot about the sleeve and I do have a support group here in Charlottesville called the FFP's we meet every 4th Sat. here and your welcome to join us anytime before or after ur surgery I think i might have one there who may have had the sleeve not positive I know she has had them all but gastric we have them  from  all different  surgerys  some that have had the surgerys some thinking about or just some  that need support. So join us anytime.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

lmr3992
on 8/25/09 9:56 pm - Mechanicsville, VA
Thank you very much for the information.  Not sure how long it would take me to get to Charlottesville.  Will check it out though.
Brittany_RD
on 8/25/09 9:23 am, edited 8/25/09 9:23 am
Hi, Bluepoint Surgical Group (Dr. Halmi, Tran, Mathemawork, and Moazzez) do a good deal of sleve surgeries. They have offices in Woodbridge and Fair Oaks VA. They have an online support group at www.bluepointsurgicalgroup.com
lmr3992
on 8/25/09 9:40 pm - Mechanicsville, VA
Great, thanks for your help.  I will check it out. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views