Is this normal

MerMer
on 8/24/09 12:04 pm
Im still trying to work in my protein. I get my daily liquids in but I only urinate maybe 2 times a day. Is this normal. I hope this is not too much information or an inappropriate question.
vagirl00
on 8/24/09 1:02 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Not knowing what is normal for you, my suggestion is that you contact your surgeon's office and let them know so they can decide if it is something that should be checked out.  Best of luck! 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Kitty Kat
on 8/24/09 8:14 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am MerMer,

I'm in agreement with Cindy. Its best to contact your surgeon's office to discuss with them what's normal for you. I would be prepared to let them know how much fluid wise you are taking in. That can be of some help.

NO question is TMI or inappropriate. Please do not hesitate to ask!

ALL BEST!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

MerMer
on 8/24/09 9:14 pm
I did discuss this with my surgeon at my last visit. He didn't think anything was wrong with it. But for me it just doesn't seem right. If I drink all this liquid 60-80 oz a day, I would think I would use the bathroom more.

I'm comparing it to before surgery, when I was on meds for Diabetes and Hypertension and it was like I was contantly going to the bathroom. Now I don't take the meds anymore.

I dont know, just seems odd. I'm just being a worry wart.

prissy25
on 8/24/09 9:29 pm - Barboursville, VA
MerMer I agree w/ all the rest w/ talking to the surgeon, I also have issues w/ going potty somedays, if your surgeon hasnt given you satisfaction maybe  discuss it w/ your PCP at the next visit or call to be seen by them. 
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Ms Court
on 8/25/09 12:23 am - Remington, VA
It does seem off to me also unless you are dehydrated and your body is absorbing everything.  Track it on paper, how much you drink & how many times you go for a day or two and if it still seems off then call the surgeon again.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

callinwildfire
on 8/25/09 12:25 am - Levels, WV
Hi, Being a diabetic will make you urinate more frequently, and high blood pressure meds contain diuretics as well, so prior to your stopping these meds for these illnesses you probably were use to using the bathroom alot more. If your doctor said it was fine, I wouldn't worry. I take in the same amount of fluids as you, and only urinate about 2 times a day as well so I quess our bodies need the fluids to function and absorb them. Good luck in your journey. Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views