Let's start fresh..."Newbies," how can we help?

vagirl00
on 8/23/09 12:01 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Luckily, there are a lot of good people on this Board who genuinely want to help others, and there are a lot of "newbies" who have questions and need information.  Sooo...let's just do it!

Newbies....ask away.  There's no judgment here, just the desire to help.  What questions, concerns, comments do you have?  Let's start this week off the right way!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

LUVNMYBABYS
on 8/23/09 3:08 am - Richmond, VA
Hi I'm a new member my name is Ashley I'm 24 years old 5'7 and weigh 333lbs. I have 4 kids aged 5,3,2, and 3 months.  I've constantly been struggling with weight problems since I was 11years old and now that I have gotten older the weight is out of control.  I have tried everything even while I was pregnant my last time I was on the slim fast diet because my OB doctor didn't want me to gain any weight while I was pregnant. Needless to say I did 15 lbs and I lost 15lbs after birth but since May I have gained 20 lbs. Well my problem is I have Anthem Healthkeepers and I just received my packet to feel out and they need a copy of where it says that my insurance will cover the surgery and I can't find it but I've been reading on here where people are still getting approved through the same insurance.  I just really need someone's help and I thought maybe you could help me.

Thanks
Ashley
Pat F.
on 8/23/09 9:44 am - Richmond, VA
Welcome to the board and I can understand where you are coming from. I would call you insurance company and get them to send to you the information they have on you and what your insurance would cover. The doctor that you are seeing should also be able to find out if your insurance company would cover it. Ashley take it one step at a time.

vagirl00
on 8/23/09 9:47 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Hi, Ashley:

Welcome to the Board! 

I am afraid I am not familiar with Anthem Healthkeepers, but hopefully there's someone on here who is and can help you with that. 

Another option is speaking with someone at your surgeon's office -- most of them have a person who deals with the insurance companies on a regular basis, and that indvidual may be able to walk you through the paperwork (and any concerns with it). 

I am sorry I can't help more with it myself, but with any luck, some of our fellow Va Board members will be able to jump in and give you the informaiton you're looking for!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

prissy25
on 8/24/09 2:10 am - Barboursville, VA
Welcome  Ashley tothe VA board and glad to have you aboard w/ us. Not sure about the insurance  question but Id have the Dr's office maybe call ahead for you or  have your Human Resourch look into it. Im sure there are some people on here  that  could help you out w/ this question I know we have a few that are  educated in the insurance field. Good luck and  dont give up thats what we are here  for  so keep the questions coming.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Kelly T.
on 8/23/09 7:02 am - Woodbridge, VA
Hi!  My name is Kelly.  I've recently been to Mexico and had the sleeve done.  I think I'm doing okay right now but just wanted to say hello. 
Kelly
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".

Pat F.
on 8/23/09 9:46 am - Richmond, VA
Hello Kelly welcome to the board and if you do have any question please feel free to ask and we will try to answer them.

vagirl00
on 8/23/09 9:49 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Hello Kelly:

Thanks for coming to the Board and introducing yourself...welcome!

Congrats on the WLS!!!  Please let us know how you are doing on your "journey" so we can cheer you on through the ride!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

....Helen Keller

prissy25
on 8/24/09 2:15 am - Barboursville, VA
Hi Kelly I had a frienf up in Harrisonburg go to Mexico for the samething  we lost track of her, I hope you will keep us updated and let us know how your doing and also you may want to if you have the time to just explain the sleeve  process and why you chose Mexico and not here in the states if you dont mind. Look forward to hearing from you and I have a support group that meets  4th Sat. of the month we would love to meet ya and have you over here in Charlottesville, and Jackie Thodos  as  well as SUe Baker  have one going on in Fred'burg. Im sure  you can look either of them up  and they would be glad to give you there info. You may email me  and Id be glad to get you our information. Again welcome. 
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views