We have lost sight of what this board is for....

vagirl00
on 8/22/09 3:42 am, edited 8/22/09 3:44 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
I am not sure what is going on, who is saying what to whom, etc., but it seems to me we have completely lost sight of what this Board is about....support, pure and simple!!!

When I was fresh out of surgery, the people on this Board were a lifeline for me, and I would venture a guess and say that there are "newbies" out there who would love to feel the same. 

For those of us who are interested in continuing to support others through their WLS journeys, let's get back to what is important and "pay it forward." 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

dwpersel
on 8/22/09 10:16 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Here here Cindy! I'm with you 1000%.

Diana

Brenda E.
on 8/22/09 10:25 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I know I am fairly new here but I couldnt agree with you more!  I do appreciate all the information and support I have recieved from you all.
melanie M.
on 8/22/09 1:29 pm - Hopewell, VA
I am with you!! I have been absent for awhile as I have seen this board go down hill.. I remember when I first came here over a year ago we were like a family and now its like we have moved on.. I will try and be here more often and will try to provide as much support as I can to the newbies..

I may be almost a year out but I will be joining the bench again as I have my revision in a couple months.

Love all yall!!
Ms Court
on 8/22/09 11:14 pm - Remington, VA
I don't know exactly what is going on behind the scenes either but it seems to keep happening.  It is hard to believe that so much nastiness exists.  I hope that the people who are being affected can heal.

I agree that the board has lost its way.  I hope that it gets better and I will keep trying although I will admit to not having much faith since we have repeated this message several times in the last few months.  A major part of the success of WLS is support, here is one of the best places to get it since we understand each other.  Come on VA, lets get back in focus.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Blair Maury
on 8/23/09 4:31 am - Portsmouth, VA

Well when I would stop by I always felt like the token male, but I satyed b/c I imagined that there were some guys out there who needed advice, but it really has devloved into some kinds of nutcase show here, so I have been away.

Plus, most of you I know I also see on Facebook, but I'd come back if there was less drama (and if anyone wanted a man's opinion).

What I have seen here is proof of one thing I have said to everyone who considers WLS. It is not a panacea. If you were fat and broke before: you'll be thinner and broke. Fat and in a bad marriage: you'll be thinner and in a bad one. And it seems, if you're nuts before: skinny and loony after.

I had weight loss surgery. I did it the easy way.
vagirl00
on 8/23/09 10:33 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Thanks to all of you!  We need to pull together and be here to support those considering WLS, the newbies...AND each other.  Blair...we love the male perspective.  As you well know, the experiences are different for each of us, and certainly different between the sexes.  Hang with us, and hopefully before too long, this will be a great experience for everyone, as it once was. 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

meantine
on 8/23/09 2:53 pm
This board has been a great thing for me and I hope that I can help others too and pay it forward.
  This is a great place to meet and help others.
Jen R.
on 8/23/09 10:36 pm - VA
I am not here too much anymore. I do read through the different posts and I admit I have not been posting my answer to many of them. The reason...I have learned so much and often would only reiterate what the"oldies" like me have already said.

Newbies...please don't think I don't care and am not willing to support you. I'll try to post more for you and in reply..

Jen      

Kitty Kat
on 8/23/09 10:39 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am!

Agreed. Things have certainly taken a turn towards a downward spiral. There are many, many supportive, encouraging & loving folks here. I'm hoping to be here on a more regular basis again as well. I think perhaps we need to remain positive as much as we can & not allow personal issues to take over leaving a negative impact. "Paying it forward" is major! I truly believe what you put out, you will get back in return. :) 

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views